Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Q for the girlies – selling non-cycling clothing
  • cinnamon_girl

I’ve been looking on Ebay to see how much ladies clothing is selling for and have been quite shocked at the low prices. This is for clothing such as Monsoon.

Is there anywhere else worth trying? Have got some things in the wardrobe as one does, either never worn or hardly worn, from Monsoon, White Stuff etc.

As always, thanks. 🙂

druidh
    Free Member

From a chap, but…

Isn’t the problem with ladies clothing that it is only fashion for a very short period of time?

allthegear
    Free Member

I try to just swap it with friends. I think I end up getting other things I want that are similar “value” that way.

Rachel.

Taff
    Free Member

My mrs and her house mate made hundreds a week selling clothing on eBay during uni. They do it occasionally now but postage prices, eBay fees, PayPal fees etc have all taken their toll

cinnamon_girl

Thanks for the replies lady and gents. 😀

druidh – did I mention fashion? If only I was a teenager again. 😉

Yes, Ebay fees and postage do mount up hence my asking this question and I kinda assumed that people were using other outlets.

jojoA1
    Free Member

Any of those nearly new boutiques near you? places that sell quality second hand fashion and take a cut?
    I tend to keep everything unusual or high quality as it often comes around again or can be altered to bring it up to date. Cheap basics go to the charideee shop.
    I too was surprised by how little clothes and footwear go for on ebay. I got £10 for a pair of quality leather boots that were £100 new and almost unworn. It stuck in my craw so I’ve never tried with anything else.

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

CG, used clothing is worth diddly squat, basically. It’s just not worth selling in the main. Theses the odd thing that’s worth it, but all my old stuff goes to a charity shop.
    High street labels like Monsoon? Forget about it.

druidh
    Free Member

That’s ironic. I then sold them on to a pervs site for £50 each.

Bunnyhop

I think jojoA1 means ‘a dress agency’.

My friend used to take her clothes to the local car boot sale. Women would flock around and haggle.

C_G – have you still got those Gore alpX waterproof shorts for sale? If so I’d like to buy them please.

ebygomm
    Free Member

Are you looking at actual sold prices or listings? I’ve been amazed at what people are willing to pay for stuff that’s old/not bought for much in the first place but on every occasion i’ve sold stuff the price has shot up at the end of bidding.

jojoA1
    Free Member

Yep, a dress agency! Couldn’t remember the name 🙂 thanks BH.

restless
    Free Member

I don’t think high street clothes, even top end ones, sell for much second hand.
    I sold a Radley handbag (albeit a small one) for just £3 on ebay once.

Nowadays I cannot be bothered , just to make a few pounds.

If I had some designer clothes I would probably be tempted to try though. Everything else just goes to the charity shop.

cinnamon_girl

Thanks again for the replies.

Dress agency – wow, do they still exist? Will check that one out although I don’t have any fancy frocks.

The Ebay listings that I quickly looked at showed clothing not being bought despite the asking price being only a couple of pounds with 10 minutes to go. This was for Monsoon and similar.

jojo – £10 for leather boots isn’t very much at all!

Bunnyhop – sorry but shorts have been sold.

Well, I’m definitely not taking them to a charity shop so will probably just hang on to them or give Ebay a go.

Reluctant
    Free Member

A “dress agency” in Bracknell (not sure if you’re still around the area, CG, but worth a try maybe?)

http://www.boutiqu.co.uk/

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Q for the girlies – selling non-cycling clothing’ is closed to new replies.