Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Q for runners
  • singlecrack
    Free Member

I’ve been getting a bit of pain for the last couple of weeks ..about 4″above my ankle …and feel very flat footed with no spring on that side ….is it likely to be shin splints …as I’ve read they are more mid shin ……I can run through it but I’m sure it won’t do it any good …………..is it doctor time ..

Onzadog
    Free Member

Could be shin splints. Doctor will tell you to rest. They’ll go away, then come back.

Either rest fully and come back gradually. Or next, go see someone for gait analysis, after that, go and see someone who can sort out your stride.

Depending where you are, I can recommend a good biomechanist.

mrblobby
    Free Member

Front or back? Go see a doc before it becomes chronic.

djglover
    Free Member

which side of the bone, inside? shin splints covers a wide range of actual conditions, however most of them are overuse injuries.

Back of and ride your bike, a week off riding won’t hurt your running as long as you put some effort in.

I get back on the bike at the first sign of a niggle these days, 3 days off and a big road ride does no harm

Also, running up hill on grass helps stay injury free.

singlecrack
    Free Member

mrblobby. .. Front

singlecrack
    Free Member

Yep inside …..I’ve rested for just under a week but its still there …all my running is trail running ..no Tarmac

footflaps

Whenever I got shin splits it was always fixed by getting new running shoes, which I’m pretty poor at replacing as the cushioning fades years before the shoe shows any wear externally.

IanMunro
    Free Member

Depending on the length of time you’ve been running it could be simply overuse , or maybe just over-striding, or something else.
    So you can either go down the the google route, or find a local recommendation for someone who deals with running injures – this won’t be your GP though.

I’ve rested for just under a week but its still there

Just under a week isn’t rest 🙂

singlecrack
    Free Member

How long do I have to rest for …… 😈

Onzadog
    Free Member

Took me a month to get past them last time.

singlecrack
    Free Member

Oh shit ….got some off road Duathlons coming up …..looks like I’ll have to make the time up on the bike ..

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Q for runners’ is closed to new replies.