Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Q about the Rockrider 5.2 and 5.3
  • haydenw
    Free Member

Hi all, new to the forum – came here on the back of reading the brilliant bikepacking thread.

Right i’ll jump straight into it.

I’m after a bit of advice here, i’m looking at buying a mountain bike and was wondering if people could give me their opinions. I will mainly be riding on river paths and the odd roads but would like to get into riding a few of the trails in the peak district in the not too distant future. With this in mind i thought about getting the Rockrider 5.2 for £200. While i was there i saw the rockrider 5.3 for £300 and wondered if that would be better suited to my needs. Is the 5.3 worth the extra £100 or as a complete beginner would i not tell the difference at that price point?

I’m sure second hand would be better but don’t know the first place to start, my budget is as little as possible with a little one on the way too hence me wondering if an extra £100 spent now would allow me to ride some trails in say 6 months time or would the 5.2 do the job just as well? Alternatively can you recommend anything else for the £2-300 mark that would be suitable?

Cheers,

Hayden.

HoratioHufnagel
    Free Member
    haydenw
    Free Member

Cheers for the reply, 18′ should fit me fine. Are the Merida’s good bikes then? Just looked at the website and the UK office is bases 5 mins from me, can’t say i’d heard of them before though!

rj2dj
    Free Member

If your budget is as little as possible, then it’s a good place to start for a “proper” mountain bike with parts that will be upgradeable as and when they break.

Interestingly, reading this wiki page: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Specialized_Bicycle_Components

Merida Bikes appears to own 19% of Specialized. Mind you if you follow the link to the Merida wiki page it says they own 49%…

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Q about the Rockrider 5.2 and 5.3’ is closed to new replies.