Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Q about smudge's li batteries – cutout ??
  • scaredypants

I have 2 smudge batteries (which are great)

The other night a mate punctured & we stood about for quite a while fixing it. My helmet light was on full during this with no probs.

About 100yds after setting off again the light stopped working. Assumed it was the driver in the light overheating & carried on. Didn’t start working again once moving so tried the other light’s battery – worked fine. Reconnected the original battery, still no luck.

Today the original batt works fine with the helmet light.

any ideas ??
    Might the batt have a thermal cut-out or something ?
    Why would battery get hot or deliver too much current just because the light was getting hot ?

mcmoonter
    Free Member

Nae idea about your problem, but Smudge is a top bloke who will go the extra mile to help you out. My battery had been goosed by a duff charger. I replaced it with one of Smudge’s, which was also goosed by the charger. After a spell of headscratching we found the problem and he replaced the damaged circuitry. As I said top bloke, pity there aren’t more like him in the bike industry. Email him.

trout
    Free Member

could be your first battery was flat and ssuming youbhavnt recharged it
    it rested and worked again
    recharge it and see if it is ok then mail smudge if it is still not working

parkedtiger
    Free Member

+1 for Smudge and his customer service – replaced a battery for me recently in double quick time.

stoney
    Free Member

+1 here…..very helpful indeed!

scaredypants

Cheers,
    I’m not too worried about the battery – seems fine now

Trying to understand it really. DIdn’t recharge it, just left for 24hr or so. Can they “recover” charge like that ?

I still think maybe I tripped some internal protection but have no idea how it would happen or what form it takes. Just interested.

Doug
    Free Member

Drop him a mail. I’m sure he will be able to work it out/tell you what happened.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Q about smudge's li batteries – cutout ??’ is closed to new replies.