Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Pyrenees road routes.
  • halfpint
    Free Member

Hi all
    I’m after some info on the pyrenees please, I’m in a fortunate position where a family member has just bought a house out there and we will be going out for the tour but can anybody recommend which are the best maps,guides,books or sites I should be looking at?

I’ve searched the web already but I’m after people’s own experiences of the area and not the ones that sell holidays or guides.
    As I hopefully will be able to put some good miles in while out there.

Thanks in advance.
    Tony

asterix
    Free Member

where abouts in the Pyrenees? its a big place:-)

halfpint
    Free Member

Hi
    Sorry I should have said I will be near Marsa which I’ve been told is about 45 mins south of carcassonne by car?
    Thanks

asterix
    Free Member

That’s not an area I know really (have been to Carcassone which is worth a visit). The IGN 1:25,000 maps are pretty good (and usually cheaper to buy them once you are out there), but I guess they might be too detailed if you are doing long road rides. Anyway have fun, the Pyrenees are great 🙂

joeegg
    Free Member

You’ve got some quite good riding down towards Prades and Mont Louis.
    I used to ride quite a bit from Vernet les Bains and the ride over to Sahorre then up to Mantet is a tough long climb.
    Villefranche de Conflent is worth a visit,and a ride on the open top train up the valley to Mont Louis is pretty spectacular,and you get covered in soot.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Pyrenees road routes.’ is closed to new replies.