Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Pyjama Party, Abuse from MTBers Cycling on the Pavement
  • xyeti
    Free Member

Had the pleasure of being called a few choice words this Morning as I drove my 12 YO to Play Rugby.

Bright blue and bright orange clobber on, cycling on the pavement to my near side as I approached a mini roundabout, one rider went across whilst the other hesitated, stopping dead in the road whilst shouting effing indicate you effing cccnnuuut, I went straight on at the roundabout? Thinking shoulda put 4 way flashers on, that’d fewk em.

As luck would have it on our return journey we happened across the same 2 retards cycling down the pavement with large amounts of pedestrians on their way home from remembrance parades or church.

Just thought I’d post this that’s all,

bigrich

hold you up did they? thirty seconds late were you?

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

Here we go!

fergal
    Free Member

BMW X5?

thestabiliser
    Free Member

Sorry for my language, I’d just realised I’d forgotten to start my gopro

bob_summers

random capitals, punctuation, pejorative use of ‘retard’ and invoking Our Glorious Dead… this’ll run and run.

n0b0dy0ftheg0at
    Free Member

On a uk roundabout, you flick the left indicator after you have passed the final exit before your turning, to indicate your intentions.

Going straight over does not mean you at no point have to indicate, the above still applies.

nairnster
    Free Member

Fair enough to the above comment, however the OP said it happened approaching the mini roundabout

martinhutch

On a uk roundabout, you flick the left indicator after you have passed the final exit before your turning, to indicate your intentions.

The OP ‘indicated’ it was a mini roundabout…

Mini Roundabout

jamj1974

Bigrich. I think the OP may have been suggesting not that they held him up but perhaps just that they acted negatively and unsafely.

He doesn’t mention any concern relating to delay. He does indicate that they were acting aggressively, without concern for others and counter to Rule 64 of The Highway Code.

HTH

xyeti
    Free Member

I was driving a series 2 Land Rover, with no roof on not a BMW X5. They didn’t hold me up at all as I was approaching a mini roundabout. Had I intended left as has been suggested and gone straight on then I can understand why I should receive such abuse at 09:45 on a Sunday Morning in a sleepy rural village.

As for cycling on the pavement towards pedestrians one of which had what looked his elderly son and daughter towards a vehicle as he could hardly walk.

Larry_Lamb
    Free Member

I’d have stopped the car, got out and floored them with my fistycuffs.

Obviously.

allthegear
    Free Member

series 2 Land Rover

I’d have stopped the car

probably couldn’t stop…

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Pyjama Party, Abuse from MTBers Cycling on the Pavement’ is closed to new replies.