Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Pyga Onetwenty demo opportunity – South Wales – Welsh Coast Cycles
  • merynella
    Free Member

Anyone interested in trying this bike in South Wales this week get in touch with Anthony at Welsh Coast Cycles in Port Talbot. It should be there until next Friday when it goes back to R53. Contact details on the Facebook page. I’ve got no connection other than being really grateful for the chance to try it.

Anthony, and George at R53, couldn’t have made it easier to get the bike down here to demo; took it up the road to Glyncorrwg today and rode it around White’s Level then back around for the Skyline demo loop for some extra descending. The bike was brilliant: 120 at the back, 130 or 140 at the front (I’m not actually sure) and it handled everything with no fuss, including the black section. Nice that the fork on the demo bike is a Bos Deville too. There was travel to spare at both ends, and really liked how the suspension at both ends performed.

I’m still hoping Cotic are able to have the Rocket ready In June, but the Pyga will be a great alternative for me, even with less travel.

merynella
    Free Member

Also, though the seat post looks long it isn’t particularly – was able to drop the saddle low enough and that was 5′ 7″ me on a medium.

Alex

Mine has done nearly 2000km now including riding through the horrible winter. Malverns, FoD, Wales, Quantocks, Spain, etc. Great bike, just good fun ride, climbs well, descends better than you think a 110mm travel should. I changed from Revs to Trace’s and that made a big difference. Would like to try it with BOS 🙂

Just changed the main pivot bearings and the pair on the NDS chain stay. And the top D/U shock bushing. Main bearings were completely gone, bit of play in the other ones we changed and the rest perfect. It’s got some lovely design touches on it you really notice when its in bits!

I’m 5ft 11 and normally ride M but ride a L on the PYGA. For interest OP I sold my Rocket as it felt like too much bike for 90% of my riding and bough the Pyga. No regrets. Although I did also then buy a Mega AM so my bike buying rationale is not to be trusted 🙂

merynella
    Free Member

Interesting. I admit the Pyga 120 has given me pause for thought, but the Rocket is still first choice, not necessarily for having more travel but I found it a bit easy to throw around – could be the smaller wheels or could be the demo Rocket was smaller. I’d be happy with either. The Pyga 120 is the most beautiful colour I’ve ever seen on a bike, though – it was turning heads yesterday.

booktownman
    Free Member

No need to rush if you’re South Wales based and want to try a Pyga, Drover Cycles in Hay have at least three demo bikes in store permanently, both the 650b OneTwenty and the 29er OneTen. Plenty of great local trails to give it some welly on, too!

merynella
    Free Member

Yeah, but always better to test a bike on trails you know.

booktownman
    Free Member

Maybe – the shop is only 45 mins from Bike Park Wales, mind.

swanky
    Free Member

Whilst we’re on the subject we have the following on demo now in the Surrey Hills region:

Pyga One Twenty 650B Large

Pyga One Twenty 650B Medium

Pyga One Ten 29er Large

We’ll be bringing in the One Forty as well soon.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Pyga Onetwenty demo opportunity – South Wales – Welsh Coast Cycles’ is closed to new replies.