Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • PYGA 650 – very nearly there!!
  • slackalice
    Free Member

The ink is still wet on these pics, but I’m a very chuffed boy! I have some cables to trim and secure (especially for the seat post!) and bar height to finalise, all of which will be done before, during and after the inaugural ride, which is going to be Monday now… the suspense and excitement of it all 😀

I’ll endeavour to do an impartial and objective first impressions type of post then, however, my first sit, sag set and pedal along the concrete track and gravelly bit went beautifully – it certainly rolls over the tamping ripples very smoothly 😉

Feast your eye’s!!

mokl
    Free Member

Love the colour!

mtbtomo
    Free Member

Any idea on frame weight?

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    slackalice
    Free Member

Hi tomo. No idea on frame or complete bike weight. I’ve pondered whether to weigh this time around and purchased some luggage scales from Machine Mart, that were so horrendously inaccurate with the test weighing that I returned them and took that as a signal that I’m not meant to weigh it….

I’m meant to ride it 😀

Karl33to
    Free Member

White forks look a bit out of place, but it’s still proper nice looking, love that colour.

Sandwich

Standards people. That wire fence needs tightening, concrete needs weeding and there appears to be a bike in the way of the other horticultural horrors. Logo alignment on the front wheel a bit off otherwise it would have scored a 10!

r53sport
    Free Member

Slackalice, looking good!!

What wheels did you go for in the end, are they Hope hoops?

Frame weight is around 7lb by the way. Obviously varies by frame size.

slackalice
    Free Member

Cheers Craig! 🙂

Wheels are from Just Riding Along and appear very well laced, Crest rims with a DT Swiss 350 rear hub and a Hope Pro 2 front. Ive gone tubeless too, trying to fit the Nobby Nics onto the rims with lightweight tubes was frustrating to say the least and so got some Stans No Tubes sealant, checked out the various vids on You Tube and had the tyres fitted and sealed within 15mins 😀

Ive got some Hans Dampfs for the PdS 😀

Frame feels lighter than 7lbs and have a suspicion that the bike will feel light to ride…. Tomorrow!! 😀

Am I correct in thinking that I’m able to trim the length of the dropper post remote cable? It looks to me that this is possible at the adjuster end and remove the inner from the handle, is that right please? Cheers

r53sport
    Free Member

You can indeed trim the cable from the lever end. Undo the two grub screws in the red lever, unhook the cable from inside and slide off the lever. Then slide off the flex tube and barrel adjuster. Then slide off the outer cable and cut to length.

Have a spare gear inner cable to hand in case it all goes wrong.

I’ll mail you an instruction manual for the post.

Cheers.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘PYGA 650 – very nearly there!!’ is closed to new replies.

Members Notice New deal added to Members Discounts