Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 78 total)
  • PX/On One 25% off
  • northernmatt

So that ENDOFTHEWORLD code takes 25% off everything (except bikes)

Is it worth buying a Codeine 27.5 with the Fox 34 for £750?

bruneep

Did they put prices up 30% first?

dragon
    Free Member

It’s never worth buying anything from those fraudsters.

weeksy

dragon – Member

It’s never worth buying anything from those fraudsters.

Go on… entertain us ?

ThePinkster

Where are you seeing it for that price?

AlexSimon

I just had a quick look and can’t find anything worth buying (as usual). I’ll keep an eye in here just in case though 😉

slackboy

Academic. Voucher doesn’t work with the codeine/fork package

AlexSimon

weeksy – plenty of opinions in here:
    http://singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/planet-xs-brexit-woes

slackboy

Academic. Voucher doesn’t work with the codeine/fork package

my mistake. does now.

stevie750

Was going to buy some el guapo flat bars as they have been £10 for ages, just before the sale starts they went up to £20

nairnster
    Free Member

Doesnt work on suspension forks. So it certainly isnt just *except bikes

ads678

The Titus Fireline frame has gone up to £999…..

rickmeister

Well, ordered Monday, forgot something so order went on hold, added the item and it was despatched…
    Arrived here in Germany today.

Cant say fairer than that and al at good prices.

Happy bear.

northernmatt

As usual with this place lots of PX bashing and not one person answering the question. I’m well aware that the service is a bit shit but quite frankly for £750 for a frame and forks I’m not too fussed.

chillidave
    Free Member

Have been looking for a reasonably trail friendly XC 29er, and quite tempted by the Maccatuskil for £450 as it works out cheaper than the equivalent Chiner frame, are they any good? Don’t see too much about them.

devash
    Free Member

Seems like all their prices have been increased by 25% or more, thus negating the discount code.

😆

molgrips
    Free Member

Was going to buy some el guapo flat bars as they have been £10 for ages,

I have some I trimmed to 740mm you can have for £5+P&P

Tracey

I’ve ordered a torque wrench, its a pity the carbon bars weren’t on offer then I could have sorted Kevin out for Christmas.

ads678

As usual with this place lots of PX bashing and not one person answering the question

Sorry, If you’re willing to take the risk on their QC and are happy with the price, go for it. If you get a good one it’ll probably be a very good bike, they do actually make decent bikes. The Inbreds i’ve had were good.

But….I’ve made a conscious decision to not buy their stuff again after they blatantly lied to people regarding the LR seat tube issue. TBF my LR is still going strong but I wouldn’t fancy testing out their warranty dept…..

mattbee

My gripe with the sale is that whilst it seems a good deal loads of stuff went up in price a few weeks ago.
    For example I was looking at the London Road frameset, on the Sunday it was £150. Next day it went up to £199.99. Lots of clothing went up in price too. It’s these DFS style pricing tactics that have put me off them, despite owning several PX & On Ine frames, lots of their clothing etc…

scotroutes

By all means buy stuff from them but don’t expect it to be worth anything when you come to sell it as folk just need to wait for the next pricing cycle.

bombjack
    Free Member

Was eyeing up a PX bundle that was £49.99 last week, now its £69.99. Even with the 25% discount its now more expensive…
    Had a lovely Pro-carbon from them once, one day I’ll probably buy another, but for spares / componants / clothing etc their pricing is a massive PITA.

n0b0dy0ftheg0at
    Free Member

There are a few decent prices in there if you look around and the pre-discount prices don’t change.;)

Mattbee, LR can still be had at £150 in “bundles” http://www.planetx.co.uk/i/q/ZXFRPXLOROB/planet-x-london-road-frameset-bundle

frogstomp

For those that the code isn’t working for.. it’s actually ENDOFWORLD (not ENDOFTHEWORLD)!

mattbee

Still £199 on that link. I know that means £150 with the ‘discount’ but that’s what’s irritating. It was £150 with no discount, sale reduction or whatever then it went up so they could apply a ‘discount’ & give you the same price.
    I wasn’t going to wait to see if this happened so I bought 2 frames elsewhere.

n0b0dy0ftheg0at
    Free Member

And then you apply code to basket and hey presto, it’s £150

But don’t forget to buy your oval cross-section seatpost. 😉

If I was looking for a good value adventure frameset, I would would much rather buy a Mango Point AR https://www.mangobikes.com/shop/components/framesets/point-ar-frameset/

vinnyeh

Those Fox 34’s are now £299.

ScottChegg
    Free Member

Those Fox 34’s are now £299.

They were 10 days ago…

dizcostix
    Free Member

to answer northernmatt, the price has not gone up on the frame fork combo. I think its a stonking deal as the rear shock is a £500 shock.

Planet x have only reduced the frame on its own to about 600 at its lowest so to add the forks for a total 750 is great.

I’d buy it if i was in the market for a 650b enduro frame/fork

bunnerscj
    Free Member

Wanted an On One SS chainring, looked yesterday – £14.99.
    Email with a sale 25% off …. oooh I thought.

Guess what, the chain ring is now £20 so apply the 25% discount and …. bang ! £15.00.

So in the sale, this chainring has gone UP by 1p.

What a farce. Should be laws about this sort of shit

ScottChegg
    Free Member

Should be laws about this sort of shit

There is.

I don’t think they apply to jumble sales or were they just can’t be bothered.

I’ve actually checked the Codeine frame to poo poo the £500 shock claim but found something even better. The fork is listed as

FORK: Marzocchi 350 NCR TI 160mm Fork With 160mm of super plush travel, the FOX Factory Float 34 CTD

Order it now! Who knows what will actually turn up!

cp

Should be laws about this sort of shit

There are, and I don’t doubt they comply.

Why do folk get so hacked off at variable pricing? The only rule with px is never buy anything at full price because at some point soon it’s going to be cheaper. So long as it’s reduced to a price you’re happy with then go for it and use it. So what if it’s a few quid cheaper several weeks later, you’ve been using it and had that benefit.

Not everything had been put up pre sale, there are still parkwood 29ers for 99 less 25% etc, and that codeine package is a corker, I was tempted.

Planet x have only reduced the frame on its own to about 600

It has been 300-something at it’s very lowest at the start of fubi-wotsit sale (INC shock) but it was like it for a day and I’ve never otherwise seen it that low.

I also don’t really get all this PX business-model bashing – they serve a market segment that exists, and despite a reduction in full-time staff they still employ a lot of local people in the push bike industry, which is a Good Thing. Imagine if they keep all those extra staff on and go under due to making excessive losses – then everybody gets fired and no one has a job. Does every other business that employs seasonal staff get a bashing… Every major retail outlet around xmas time and other holidays etc…

They also do some good stuff – see the 50% of profits over a sale period being donated to a local scout group etc…. they support many many riders on road and tri etc… And amazingly, they even gave really good service when I went in to pick up a few orders the other day.. I even need to retract a comment made a few days ago about their thin gloves – the 2017 ones I tried on in the shop are far better than the 2016 ones.

thepodge
    Free Member

It’s a misunderstanding, the 25% isn’t a reduction in price, it’s a reduction in their staff.

nairnster
    Free Member

Question is will the 160mm fox 34 be too tall for my vitus escarpe

simondbarnes

I don’t think they apply to jumble sales

LOL!

Junkyard
    Free Member

Why do folk get so hacked off at variable pricing?

because its not really a sale is it – its just a misleading claim to get you to look as they upped the prices before the sale to make them the same price as they were anyway
    It feels like they are trying to trick you into thinking its a good price or a better price than normal when it is nothing of the sort

coomber
    Free Member

The higher escarpe models come 150. Doubt 160 will make much difference but then I like it with 140 front

RustySpanner

Why do folk get so hacked off at variable pricing?

Because it makes you feel you’re buying something from a bunch of spivs rather than a fine, upstanding, ethical concern like PX.

chestrockwell

As above really, what puts me off is the sale that’s not a sale. I got the 25% email so went for a look and noticed the prices had been jacked up. The frame/fork package might be reasonable but the Codeine frame is now more than 25% higher than it was a few weeks back. People remember this stuff and it will screw them in the long term.

I’ve never been a huge Planet x fan but have picked up the odd proper bargain in the past. The current business model stops me considering them though. I guess they must be in a bit of bother as they have much less ‘proper’ stock than they used to e.g 1 suss fork, 0 shocks, a bunch of brakes no one wants, 0 droppers. It’ll be no surprise to see them go under and no real loss to anyone except the staff.

Rubber_Buccaneer

Their knuckleball handlebars are now £80 so £60 with 25% discount. That was the RRP not so long ago and somewhat higher than the £35 to £40 they have often been discounted to.

If you want to buy from Planet-X ignore the sales, check prices regularly and buy at a low or prepare to feel a little cheated.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 78 total)

The topic ‘PX/On One 25% off’ is closed to new replies.