Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Pwllheli – Anybody stayed there?
  • cheers_drive

My wife has got to visit a client there one weekend in May. What’s it like? A friendly Welsh place or a no English allowed type of place?

camo16
    Free Member

It’s… okay.

Plenty of nicer places just a couple of miles away, though, Abersoch being the obvious example.

There isn’t really a problem with anti-English sentiment on the Ll?n… because the area depends so much on tourism, I guess.

globalti
    Free Member

It’s a seaside resort isn’t it? It won’t be like walking into the Douglas Arms in Bethesda.

surfer
    Free Member

As above its quite a nice place. Abersoch is very twee but pretty and the beaches on the peninsula are fantastic. If you get the sun its a fantastic place to be.

tmb467
    Free Member

mate of mine runs a holiday cottage rental business there…its a nice part of the world

have you seen Twin Town yet?

clubber
    Free Member

I was there for the millenium NYE.

We didn’t get any trouble but when we walked into a pub, there was definitely a lot of staring at us because of us clearly being English.

I’m not sure I’d go back unless it’s changed since then.

langylad
    Free Member

Been there 5 or 6 times in recent years, love the place. The people are friendly and you have some of the best mountains and beaches in the uk, all within an hour or so of each other.
    We stay at a place called Gwynfryn Farm about 1.5 miles out. It has an indoor pool, good gym and is a beautiful spot.

piemonster

It’s a seaside resort isn’t it? It won’t be like walking into the Douglas Arms in Bethesda.

Shudders

piemonster

Morfa Nefyn is nice too.

Busy but nice pub on the peninsular by the golf course.

Edit http://www.tycoch.co.uk/index.php?option=com_content&view=frontpage&Itemid=1

konagirl
    Free Member

piemonster beat me to it! Take a road bike and stay anywhere on the Lleyn. That pub is nice, but only serves food at lunch… Or Porthmadog is a nice enough, quiet town with Portmeirion and Black Rock Sands nearby. Visited the Lleyn quite often as kids, from Abersoch to Criccieth, was always friendly!

rudebwoy
    Free Member

Ty Coch do food in the evening- stu and gemma run a top place there, as for the Douglas Arms–that was the last pub still to charge people in LSD-money not drugs–landlord was a right wing fruitcake– expect he’ll be shut this week 😉

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Pwllheli – Anybody stayed there?’ is closed to new replies.