Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • PVR for CRT TV?
  • nbt

Our PVR is beginning to die, the hard disk has been hammered so much that it’s beginning to suffer from corrupted segments and we find that during playback, programmes occasionally (often) skip and start jumping around

I started looking around last might but it occurred to me that all these lovely HD boxes will have HD output, and our aging CRT telly only has SCART input, not HDMI.

Can anyone recommend a PVR that has a scart output? if it’s a nice one that also has a HDMI output for the point when our telly gives up the ghost, that’d be nice too

cheers

andyl
    Free Member

I know some he Humax at Richer sounds do. Looking for a PVR before we upgrade the TV.

funkynick

You could try just replacing the hard drive, it shouldn’t be too hard to do. Just make sure you get the correct type of drive!

Otherwise we just got a Humax box, which I’m rather liking, no SCART though, but it does have component video outputs, which can be connected to a SCART socket with the right adaptor.

finishthat
    Free Member

look on humax direct for a Humax HDR-FOX T2/1TB-G this has scart and
    be future proof as it has HD and hdmi too .

cranberry
    Free Member

nbt – we have a Humax 9200 going spare – a £20 donation to Mcmillan and whatever postage is and its yours.

GrahamS

I’ve literally just bought a Humax HDR-2000T 1TB from Humax Direct.

It has HDMI and Scart output.

http://www.humaxdirect.co.uk/product.asp?ProdRef=10116

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘PVR for CRT TV?’ is closed to new replies.