Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Putting something back into our sport(pics)
  • knottie8
    Free Member

My son Mike has being building a pump track in our village for the local kids(and grown ups). Funded by the parish council and designed/directed by Mike. Hes a good lad.

ton

good work, that man…………… 8)

knottie8
    Free Member

View My Video just needs a bit of riding in.

sharki
    Free Member

fantastic

I'm hoping to be able to organise and orchestrate the building of one in Bilgewater.

Having seen all the local bomb holes and play section for kids on bikes leveled by the council, the kids and adults need somewhere to play.

I've spoken to various local chavs etc and they claim the reason they do what they do is through boredom, and state if they had somewhere to ride and hang out it would make a difference…..

recent attempts have been quashed by the council and the town planners…..

charlierevell
    Free Member

Knottie thats amaaazing!
    Might have to drop the seat on the SS and have a play!

ton

knottie8
    Free Member

Im sure you can use Norton as an example to show Bilgewater council it can work. Its much safer then wacking great dirt jumps.

jam-bo

sweet, that place just keeps on going….

sharki
    Free Member

Was thinking along the lines of a bmx track as most town have one.

If i can get some of the scraggs helping to build it then perhaps they respect it more than if it was built for them.

Word is the council gets all worried about insurance, etc..

One lad(a right litle fooker) said the park next to where my kids live used to be owned by an old lady, she'd let anyone use it, whether it was for ragging crossers about in or building jumps, etc, she died and left it to the council so they'd develop it for the local kids.

So it gets levelled and becomes somewhere for dogs to shyte and sunday chavball games to rarely take place, shame as it's the sie of three football pitches.

Who owns the Barnford fields??( i think that's what the norton site is called.

jam-bo

barnfields. local parish council init?

i'll have to stop by and play next time i'm in the area.

knottie8
    Free Member

owned by the parish as part of the playing field association, insurance is off the back of that. Like I said much safer than dirt jumps

some old barnfields jumps pics here http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=59144&id=572507359&l=fcb6816aa7

mamadirt
    Free Member

Wow! – would he like to move to Newport?

samuri
    Free Member

Good idea to keep it as a pump site rather than jumps. Most of the jump spots round our way get ragged away by the guys on crossers and they just knacker all the jumps. As said above, lot safer too.

roper
    Free Member

Superb!!!
    I bet the positive affects it has will help the whole area.
    Well done that man.

Rex
    Free Member

Nice one Mike! Must have taken a whole lot of motivation and planning to get that all to where it is now. Hopefully now he'll get loads of payback for all that effort in terms of enjoying it (as long as it doesn't get over-run by us 30 – 40 something year old beardy stw singlspeed types in a bizarre twist of irony heheh).

Travis

also, well done on the Parish Council….

jam-bo

knottie should be taking a little more credit here. this isn't a new development, there have been dirt jumps there for the best part of ten years, maybe more thanks to mr knott. this is just the latest evolution of a great site.

the real shame is it turns into swamp for 6 months of the year….

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘Putting something back into our sport(pics)’ is closed to new replies.