• This topic has 13 replies, 10 voices, and was last updated 8 years ago by Drac.
Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Putting poppers on a Barbour jacket.
  • zippykona

Want to put poppers on my collar so I can attach a hood. There’s a 6 week wait at barbour to do it.
    Anyone know what size poppers I need,what tool I want and where I can get it all from?

eddie11
    Free Member

Local alterations shop in a rural market town might have seen this before. 20 quid?

Drac

I’d just wait the 6 weeks for Barbour to do a proper job, they’ll also give it the once over for you too.

molgrips
    Free Member

You can get poppers from Hobbycraft, comes with the tool.

spicer
    Free Member

Wow, got a Barbour last week was thinking the same thing earlier. How much did Barbour want for it?

eruptron
    Free Member

Putting POPPERS on a Barbour jacket

Thought this was an alternative type of waterproofing haha

zippykona

Spicer , £24 plus £8 return postage.

andyl
    Free Member

just use a hat all winter until they are less busy (unless they let you send it a few days before your slot in the queue)

bigjim

TooTall
    Free Member

Barbour hoods are truly awful. Terrible design, too stiff to stay with your head etc etc. My dad had one with his jacket and it was ditched very early on for a decent flat cap and a scarf if needed. We’ve both worn Barbours for 30+ years and never missed the crap hood.

andyl
    Free Member

I’ve got the Sapper with built in hood (tucked in the neck). Sometimes gets used, most of the time I prefer a flat cap or aussie hat thing when truly bad weather as they are much nicer than a hood.

CountZero

Bugger using a Barbour hood, just get a wax cotton Tilley hat, it’ll do a much better job.
    http://www.outdoorkit.co.uk/product.php?product_id=17887

zippykona

I like a hood. If it stops raining, take it down. With hats you have to find a big pocket to put them in.
    The hood stays!

Drac

Barbours aren’t the stiff things they once were they’re a lot soften now.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Putting poppers on a Barbour jacket.’ is closed to new replies.