Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Putting in a good word for HOPE trail lights.
  • TimCotic
    Free Member

I’ve just written the following email to the Hope service department.

“Dear Hope Service Team,

This is just a quick thank you note for repairing my Vision 4-LED trail light.

You fitted a new power lead to the head unit and posted it back to me – all under warrantee. You did this despite the fact that the light was over 3 years old, and I was unable to find the receipt. I posted my light to you on Monday morning and it arrived back (repaired at no charge) on Wednesday afternoon – WOW!

This level of customer service is almost unheard of, so I’ll be recommending Hope lights to anyone who’ll listen. I’ve always been very happy with the 4-LED and, (based on the customer service I’ve just received) I recommend Hope’s current R4 light to my buddies – and that’s despite its light output not matching that of the equivalent Exposure and other competition on paper. Many of my riding buddies have brighter, more modern lights from other brands, but I NEVER feel my 3 year-old Vision 4 is letting down. I’d say Hope’s outstanding backup adds a whole heap of extra invisible value to their trail lights.

Thanks again for the great service.

Regards, Tim Wheeler”

Another thought: Suppose my 4-LED head unit had been beyond repair, then I would still have the separate 4-cell battery to use with any other Hope head unit. What’s more: the 4-LED runs fine on the 2-cell batteries from my brother’s Hope 2-LED light and vice-versa. As far as I know this is also true for the newer R4 light.

Northwind

“Dear Magicshine,

The 4-LED light I bought 3 years ago for 1/3rd as much as the identically-performing Hope R4 is still working fine. Cheers for making an excellent light with a wire that doesn’t need replaced after a couple of years.”

😉 Hope backup really is good though

dunmail
    Free Member

Cheers for making an excellent light with a wire that doesn’t need replaced after a couple of years

What the **** are you doing that requires replacing the wire at regular(?) intervals? I’ve had a vision 2 for six years or so, it gets swapped between four bikes; used for night-time fell running and on and off the charger and I’ve not had to send it for service or replace/modify anything.

smatkins1
    Free Member

Hope’s customer service (while rarely needed) is truly exemplary!

lemonysam
    Free Member

(while rarely needed)

In the case of their lights I don’t think that’s true. In the time when I sold them we got far more Hopes back than any other brand.

Northwind

dunmail – Member

What the **** are you doing that requires replacing the wire at regular(?) intervals?

I put a different Hope back together for a mate- it’d broken at the end of the cable, there’s no strain protection on it so if the cable gets pulled (or even just with normal movement I think) it risks coming right off. Easy fix though (and Hope would have done it for him if he’d asked- he wanted a quick fix so I did it). Just a wee design flaw but it’s a shame they’ve never fixed it for more recent models.

D0NK

both my hope batteries have been back atleast once and another will be winging it’s way back to their customer services department soon.

TimCotic
    Free Member

I smiled at “Dear Magicshine” – Touche! 😀

zestystyle

Have to agree here. My R4 is three years old – I hamfisted the cable out of the back of the light on Wednesday, posted it at 4:45 that afternoon and received it back at 10am on Friday repaired, foc.

My magic shine that cost 1/3rd of the price still feels the need to randomly turn off whenever it feels like, happily enough the R4 on my head still allows me to not plough of the nearest cliff…….

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Putting in a good word for HOPE trail lights.’ is closed to new replies.