Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Putting drainage in my garden, and landscape gardeners/groundworkers.
  • duckman

Right, I am in a new build, for the 2 years the house has been up,garden flood like anything and takes ages to drain. Any experts? I have tried forking the grass, but makes no difference. I was going to put a metre deep trench in and put a pipe in linking to the drain at the edge of my garden, Soil is clay,so can’t just dig a deep pit and put big rocks in. Any advice please?

wors

you’ll probably find if you take the grass up the garden will be full of all the left over building materials/shite, dig it all out and lay a proper lawn

Gary_M
    Free Member

We had this problem when we moved into a new house. We contacted the builders and they sent some guys round to lay drainage in the garden. 2 trenches about a metre deep running diagonally accross the garden, split pipe laid at the bottom, chuckies on top, then soil an turf. Made a big difference but to be honest the biggest difference we have found for drainage is planting round the edge of the garden. Our garden is on a slope and we planted a border on the downhill end last summer – the grass has been the best it’s ever been this year.

We also have clay soil btw. Digging up the garden and laying a ‘proper lawn’ won’t help, clay soil needs artificial drainage in a garden.

andyha
    Free Member

http://www.pavingexpert.com/

for your needs and answers

andy

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Putting drainage in my garden, and landscape gardeners/groundworkers.’ is closed to new replies.