Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Puts things in perspective
  • NZCol

I was on the blower a couple of hours ago to a mate of mine (and colleague) mid phone call there was this massive sort of roaring noise and him, well let’s be blunt, screaming like a scared schoolgirl.
    Upshot was a mag6 but v shallow earthqauke in ChCh and he said he had ‘leaked a bit’ on his trousers and seat. Not funny, poor b@stards, only thing that saved me today was that bluddy Chilean ash cloud stopping the flights (yes – in NZ). Once more, poor b@stards.

wrightyson
    Free Member

Just reading About it on the beeb! Must be incredibly scary after what happened back in feb!!

pomona
    Free Member

Certainly feel those poor Cantabrians, a swarm of ‘quakes today.
    A mag 5.5, a 6.0, 2 quakes around 4.5 and about 9 or so others in excess of 3.0 magnitude.

Certainly led to a chaotic day at work for me especially with the volcanic dust cloud thrown in for good measure.

NZCol

Ah yeah I thought of you today what with the ash issue. Must beer sometime , I know we say that but I really mean it this time !!

Oh and as a footnote he has now lost his third house in 9 months, he reckons that he must have done something wrong in a previous life. They are staying at ours this weekend, least we could do was spring for a ferry and a flew days away from it , or a week or whatever they want really.

pomona
    Free Member

Beer sometime would be good Col.

Not sure if I still have your e-mail or cell number. Mine is talisker707 at gmail or O21 O21 O21 17

Dan

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Puts things in perspective’ is closed to new replies.