Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Puts new-build back in cellar & emits much choice anglo saxon……
  • marsdenman
    Free Member

Picture the scene….
    Man buys Shiney New Things.
    Takes a while to strip old steed bike and put together the Shiney New One.
    A window of opportunity opens to make final tweaks & go ride, for an hour, whilst the sun is out.
    Puts riding gear on.
    Gets bike out. Applies help-tape.
    Last job – adjust brakes.
    Rear – fine.
    Front – needs a tweak.
    Test – it spins, freely.
    Man goes to ‘nip-up’ the nuts and go ride 🙂
    Cup and cone washer collapses.
    Man not happy….

Oh, well….. passing close to Merlin tomorrow – will ring and see if they have spares…

carlphillips
    Free Member

it collapsed ‘cos you called it a “steed” call it a bike an you’ll be reet….

nbt

Hang on, don’t you have mavic crossrides? Aren’t they sealed nearings not cup ‘n’ cone? what did you do tho them?

steveh

I suspect he means the cup and cone type washers that avid use on brakes.

marsdenman
    Free Member

MrPhillips – my tongue was firmly in cheek when I used the ‘s’ word 🙂

nbt – top recollection re: my front wheel. Bonus points for recalling the rear 🙂

steveh has it – avid brakes….

many thanks to mintimperial of this parish for coming to my assistance with spares 🙂

Thrustyjust
    Free Member

V brake washers do the same and in a moment of panic, so does a lot of flat washers.

bratty

Looks like we have a bike stalker on here who can remember not only your bike but whether you have cup and cone or sealed bearing hubs

‘Hmm marsdenmann, from the noise it makes, if I were you, I’d grease your headset very soon… and your saddle smells* funny too’

*poss also tastes funny

dufresneorama
    Free Member

used to keep all the old Vbrake washers for that exact reason. Some crack easier than others though

nbt

🙂

I just recall seeing the new BananananaBike ™ on Marsdenman’s flickr feed last week and noting the crossride wheel 😉

marsdenman
    Free Member

@ nbt – just seen the comment you added to that picture and the penny dropped – that said – it was on the old bike when we did the Soup Run.
    New bike does need a name – had to LOL at BananananaBike!

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Puts new-build back in cellar & emits much choice anglo saxon……’ is closed to new replies.