• This topic has 7 replies, 5 voices, and was last updated 8 years ago by DezB.
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Putting away childish things
  • Malvern Rider
    Free Member

Discounting first bike and all of yr teeth/hair, if you could keep one thing from yr childhood what would it be?

In the days before electronic ownage of the toy market I loved this little gadget so much – I’d look at it every day before and after school. Had ‘Bedknobs and Broomsticks’ and ‘Jungle Book’ storywheels yet preferred Jungle Book always (looking online, the setpieces still look amazing in 2D ). It was a secret 3-dimensional world that always captivated. Simple stuff – yet quite a clever thing really. No batteries required, and imagination filled in the ambient sounds. Wish I’d kept it! (sound of small violin)

sssimon
    Free Member

give you a pound for it………..

Malvern Rider
    Free Member

Argh, wrong forum 😳

Mods, need a mop pls!

Northwind

I had a later one of those, loved it. Had millions of the discs but the disney films were the best.

For me it’d be a tug of love between 2 teddy bears. Brown Bear would totally win though.

Northwind

I had a later one of those, loved it. Had millions of the discs but the disney films were the best.

For me it’d be a tug of love between 2 teddy bears. Brown Bear would totally win though. Orange Bear’s good but he knows his place.

theotherjonv

See that viewfoil. See who made it? GAF Corporation, that’s my old firm; the General Aniline and Film Corp.

Do you feel bad to know that the same company that gave you such enjoyment as child was responsible (sort of) for Zyklon B?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/American_IG

Malvern Rider
    Free Member

Do you feel bad to know that the same company that gave you such enjoyment as child was responsible (sort of) for Zyklon B?

Gah, another innocent childhood memory crapped on. Do I feel bad for me? No. Bad that any firm would do such sh*t? Yep. Reads like you’re enjoying telling me though…which is a bit weird tbh.

See that viewfoil. See who made it? GAF Corporation, that’s my old firm…

😐

DezB
    Free Member

Someone still makes them – I’m sure I saw a film recently where a kid was using one.. can’t think what it was though.
    [edit] Not cheap though! Amazon link

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Putting away childish things’ is closed to new replies.