Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Put a cork in it
  • wwaswas

A man who left a three-month-old child fighting for life after forcing a baby wipe into his bottom to prevent a dirty nappy has been admonished.

Just unbelievable that

a) anyone would think it was appropriate
    b) someone would leave their baby with someone who might think it was appropriate.

just left shaking my head really.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/scotland/glasgow_and_west/10285707.stm

MrCrushrider
    Free Member

yeah thats disturbing. surely he must have special needs or something to do that???

highclimber
    Free Member

totally deplorable man.

cynic-al
    Free Member

I am guessing the Judge who heard the evidence can say it better than anyone here:

Lord Turnbull said that this was one of the most anxious cases ever to have appeared before him and said that McArthur presented as "a distraught and flawed man".

He added that McArthur's conduct was the result of "wholly misguided intervention rather than as an act of malice".

Perhaps not deplorable, after all of 30 seconds' reading eh?.

highclimber
    Free Member

it is deplorable. why would he think to even do that?

missingfrontallobe
    Free Member

Could question the mothers capacity to make appropriate decisions in leaving the child with this man.

BigDummy
    Free Member

I confess to slight surprise that, if you put a cork in a baby, it actually fills up with its own shit and dies, rather than shitting out the cork. One learns something new every day.

But my surprise that someone would try it is rather greater. 😯

highclimber
    Free Member

I don't think the mother would have thought 'best not leave my child with him, he might put a wet one up his bottom!'.

Keva
    Free Member

The wipe was deliberately put into the child's body in a bid to stop him from soiling his nappy.

The next day in a bid to remove the wipe using his fingers, McArthur caused significant internal injuries, including a perforated bowel.

😯

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

Just read this myself. It has actually upset me somewhat.

coffeeking
    Free Member

Clearly he must have questionable mental capacity and one would assume that a mother would recognise this when selecting a sitter?

BD -it wasnt the cork that was the problem, it was the fingering around to remove it that did the damage.

yunki
    Free Member

again… an unnecessary and distressing thread with an insensitive title..

disturbing that anyone would wish to share this with the forum.. thanks alot.

BigDummy
    Free Member

it wasnt the cork that was the problem, it was the fingering around to remove it that did the damage

In that case, his only error was to use a wet-wipe rather than a tampon, which would have worked fine and been easily removed using the dangly string. Can that be right?

MrWoppit
    Free Member

yunki – Member
    again… an unnecessary and distressing thread with an insensitive title..

disturbing that anyone would wish to share this with the forum.. thanks alot.

Presumably you'll now be complaining to the BBC for sharing it with the nation?

coffeeking
    Free Member

In that case, his only error was to use a wet-wipe rather than a tampon, which would have worked fine and been easily removed using the dangly string. Can that be right?

Tampons are not designed for anal insertion. Surprisingly. Fairly sure they'd not come back out either.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Put a cork in it’ is closed to new replies.