Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • PUSH Ultra Low Friction Fork Seals
  • P-Jay
    Free Member

Anyone else fitted some?

I did back in April, the design look exactly the same as the Fox version, the difference is meant to be the rubber they use is impregnated with lube so they don’t deteriorate over time.

They did seem 0.1% plusher than usual, but one of mine gave up in spectacular fashion at the weekend – before I put it down to ‘one of those things’ anyone else have similar issues?

bigyinn
    Free Member

They may only be 0.1% plusher, but they are gnaar sensitive, having built in elastomeric damping.

Onzadog
    Free Member

After some very pop results with push bushing kits on my Turner and the poor response I got (coupled with the fact they mysteriously stopped making them), I’d avoid any bearing/seal system they make.

I know others rate their shock tuning but I was unimpressed. It was the reason I went with Avalanche.

P-Jay
    Free Member

Thanks for the info.

Spoke to TFT who supplied me with them, seems they had a few rouge units, they’re going to replace them for me in-house which is pretty amazing considering I DIY fitted them.

RickDraper
    Free Member

(coupled with the fact they mysteriously stopped making them)

Push still make them, just seems TF do not sell them anymore:

Low Friction Mounting Kit

Onzadog
    Free Member

Rick, not those, these were actually frame bushes for Turner frames, not shock mounting stuff.

Scienceofficer
    Free Member

I too, tried the Turner bush kit and was spectacularly unimpressed. They wore incredibly fast. I got about 6 months from them.

I chalked it down to experience, took the time to hone the pivot bores in my frame and went back to regular bushes. It’s now as plush as the push bushes ever were, but I should get a decent life from them.

Very suspicious that they stopped making them!

I’d be inclined to agree with onzadog about the fork seals too.

Onzadog
    Free Member

Yep, about 6 months for mine. Put the original 9 year old bushes back in and they’re spot on.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘PUSH Ultra Low Friction Fork Seals’ is closed to new replies.