Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • PUSH Turner bushings?
  • mactheknife

I need some new bushings for my 5 Spot and unless i buy a full replacement kit from Silverfish at over a hundred quid the only other option i have got is the low friction bushings that PUSH provide.

Has anyone used them? if so how did u find them. I have had the rear shock PUSHed by TF Tuned and the bike feels exactly how i like it so i really dont want any more small bump sensitivity in the rear TBH.

TurnerGuy
    Free Member

I fitted them to my pushed flux which also had the needle shock bearings. I also thought about having too much sensitivity but that wasn’t the case – I think it just worked even better.

That was a medium flux, I then bought a large flux which has normal bushings and shock bushings and a non-pushed rp23, and I am now more aware of the suspension, whereas before I wasn’t.

I am going to get this shock pushed (or swap it over) and fit some more needle bearings and push bushings.

mactheknife

Cheers Turnerguy, just pushed the button on these. Ill give them a bash and see how i get on.

Thanks 🙂

renton
    Free Member

Mactheknife if you get them can you give me your opinions as I’m in the process of rebuilding my 5 spot after comes back from powder coating and was thinking of getting these!

mactheknife

No worries Renton, it may be a few weeks before i fit them though.

Also when u stripped down your 5 spot how did you remove the black DW link at the bottom of the frame without causing damage? After removing the 2 screws and plate on the drive side i had to use a soft mallet but i didnt like doing it that way. Mine was very tight.

renton
    Free Member

Yep same way as you!!

My bottom pivot bolts are stuck onto one side of my dw link so need to get them off some how???

mactheknife

Did you manage to find a powdercoaters near you then? i was gonna do that but have lost all interest TBH.

I found stripping down the 5 spot was very very easy apart from the DW Rocker. Get some good loctite and a torque wrench for reassembly and all will be good 🙂

renton
    Free Member

I’ve sent it off to fastline coatings in Preston. Vortex racing on here had his done there and they did a very good job!!

Plenty of torque wrenches and loctite on hand ready for the build!

mattbee

Fitted a set to my HL 5 Spot last month. Fitted with a Pushed RP23.
    Made a noticeable difference to the small bump performance of the bike. Seems to be the cheapest way to replace them too, if all the bolts, axles etc are ok.

Onzadog
    Free Member

Glad to hear people rate them. I’ve got a set waiting to go on my 6 pack.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘PUSH Turner bushings?’ is closed to new replies.