Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Push tuning on VPP2 bikes
  • bowglie

Has anyone had the shock on their Santa Cruz VPP2 bike Push tuned? If so, what did you think of the result? I’m thinking of having the Fox CTDa on my Tallboy LT push tuned, but am interested to hear of other people’s experience before I send it off.

hopeychondriact
    Free Member

Just tagging this for reference. 🙂

kristoff
    Free Member

Just got mine back from them today for my bronson.

I asked them for more mid stroke support on descend mode and for a stiffer climbing platform. From a quick pedal around the block it seems better but obviously don’t want to sing too many praises until I’ve taken it out for a proper play (read as test) over the weekend.

bowglie

Hi Kristoff, if you can let us know how you get on over the weekend, that’d be great.
    Cheers,
    B.

gardron
    Free Member

Had a float x done on my 5010 (but its got a vorsprung corset too) – massively better in mid stroke where I was finding it blowing through before. Really happy with it, albeit after 2 rides

kristoff
    Free Member

Bowglie, yea no problem. 😀

dirtydog
    Free Member

Had a float x done on my 5010 (but its got a vorsprung corset too) – massively better in mid stroke where I was finding it blowing through before.

Still blowing through after fitting the Corset, been seriously considering one?

paulevans
    Free Member

I’ve had the Fox shock on my Tallboy LTc pushed a little while ago. On the rocky trails up here in The Lakes I have to say that it just feels better. More support in the mid stroke and more willing to give up its full travel when needed.

I’d consider it to be a worthy upgrade.

bowglie

Cheers for the feedback. Paul, sounds like we’re riding similar terrain, so good to hear that you think it’s improved the bike.

kristoff
    Free Member

Sorry for the late reply.

Love the new shock, it’s made me go from questioning a change of frame to loving it.

Bags more mid stroke support so instead of wallowing through the centre of the travel there’s more linear feel, small bump sensitivity seems to be slightly better. Climb mode and trail mode are more obvious definitions now compared to descend mode.

Yet to find any negatives.

Feels like I’ve got a totally different shock fitted.

bowglie

Thanks for the update Kristoff. Wow, it sounds like the tuning has really transformed things. I’ve been riding my cheapo winter/trail centre bike whilst recovering from injury, and now I’m back on my Santa Cruz, the ‘issues’ with rear shock on the SC are really noticeable – and it spoils the rest of the bike a bit. From what you and the other guys have said, it sounds like a real worthwhile modification.
    Thanks again for the feedback.

jsync

Who tuned it Kristoff?

kristoff
    Free Member

Jsync – was done by TFtuned. Really happy and they give a 3 week window for tuning adjustments, just have to cover post (or visit them).

jsync

Cheers Kristoff, think I’ll give them a call.

Speeder

Mine has made my bike worth keeping. I was always thoroughly underwhelmed by the thing when I got it as the RP23 just felt wrong. If I set it up fast enough not to pack down it was a pogo stick and but the new one (bought a pre tuned shock 2nd hand) is lovely. It’s lively without having to be fast and very controlled. I don’t bother with Propedal and it still climbs great (when I’ve got the legs).

It’s cheaper than a new shock.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Push tuning on VPP2 bikes’ is closed to new replies.