Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Push Tuning
  • filks

Is push tuning worth it? Forks are due a service so am considering having the push internals done too

Any experience?

Onzadog
    Free Member

What fork? I really didn’t notice the difference when I had my rear shock pushed but both ends feel loads better with avalanche upgrades.

filks

Fox F100 RL, about 2008/9

Onzadog
    Free Member

What don’t you like/think isn’t right with them?

slackalice
    Free Member

I enquired about this with TFT just the other week whilst booking in my TALAS 90 – 130 RL’s.

After enquiring about my bike, the riding I do and how I like and don’t like the way the fork feels, they suggested that I didn’t go for the PUSH tune. Reasons cited were that I use the lock out on road and smooth sections and that the lack of small bump compliance or sensitivity I was feeling would be gained by converting them to fixed travel FLOAT (in the absence of bits to convert it to a Vanilla coil fork). I now rarely use the travel adjust as I’ve found the best setting was 130mm ( fitted to a 08 Cove Hummer)

First brief ride since getting them back and I’m delighted.

BTW, TFT exceeded my expectations in terms of service and advice. They are nothing short of an outstanding company to deal with. 😀

MartynS

Having phoned tftuned for advice and a price to service my (purchased from them) pushed tuned vanilla rc rear shock and been staggered by just how rude the bloke on the phone was, I would strongly advise to avoid completely and use locd tuning who is cheaper and far better in my experience.
    I will never use tf again after dealing with the plank on the phone….

filks

I like them as they are to be honest, just wondered if people felt it was a worthwhile change – I don’t use the lockout, even on tarmac

PiknMix
    Free Member

For what it’s worth I found TF to be amazing when I dealt with them. The guy I spoke with several times couldn’t have been more helpful.
    As for pushing over a standard service I would go for it but only if your not happy with how they perform now.

faceplanter
    Free Member

Push tuning improved my Sektor’s no end.
    I believe it took them from a single to a dual circuit, removed the spiking when going through repeated hits like rock gardens.
    Tim.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Push Tuning’ is closed to new replies.