Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 30 total)
  • Purple or Orange?
  • mboy
    Free Member

Well?

Which colour?

Inbred 29er frame in case you were wondering…

Orange
    Purple

If ANYONE has one built up in either colour, and has some decent pics of it, PLEASE post them up…

MrTall
    Free Member
    mboy
    Free Member

The Orange does look quite different in those pics to how it does in the pic on On Ones website! Hmmmm…

But then the purple probably does too…

Both nice colours in isolation, but given a choice? 😕

Well I'm only a man…

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    MrTall
    Free Member

I've recently had the same dilemma and i'm now definitely leaning towards orange.

Would be very interested to see how the purple one looks once built up though.

mboy
    Free Member

MrTall, think we met in FOD a couple of months ago iirc… You were on a BIIIIIIIIG white Santa Cruz? I was on the Maverick…

Presumably you're looking at a 21"?

MrTall
    Free Member

Nope, that was Rich. I was away when that ride happened so had to miss it.

Rich is a little bit shorter than me – i'm on veeerrrrry biiiig 29ers…..

Thinking 21" may be a bit small for me (and the head tube is very small compared to my other 29ers) but at £153 may have a punt anyway. 🙂

elaineanne
    Free Member

purple…. just to be different i guess….

Clink

I've been trying to find pics of a purple in real life for a few months – no luck so far

mboy
    Free Member

but at £153 may have a punt anyway

cough* You MAY wanna recheck the pricing *cough

PLEASE don't everyone buy up all the 18" versions whilst I'm still deciding on colour!

ElectricWorry
    Free Member

orange is a good colour…..
    purple is a good colour…..

but which is better…..

There's only one way to find out..

GOOGLE FIGHT

mboy
    Free Member

PMSL @ Electric Worry

The Harry Hill method of choice… Like it!

matt_outandabout

Purple for teh win.

Swayndo
    Free Member

Oh sh1te … I think I feel another purchase coming on. Anyone want a sand one?

mud-monster
    Free Member

Orange into purple FADE !!! NICE n RETRO!

NWAlpsJeyerakaBoz
    Free Member

HIJACK

I like the look of these frames, but cant work out how it would work with gears?

Is it a right faff getting the wheel in and out? Would you set it up by pushing/sliding the wheel to the front of the dropout, or would the wheel foul the front mech?

mboy
    Free Member

Oh sh1te … I think I feel another purchase coming on. Anyone want a sand one?

If it's an 18" and you're virtually giving it away, I might not be bothered about colour 😉

Orange into purple FADE !!! NICE n RETRO!

That would be sweet! Sadly not an option though…

I like the look of these frames, but cant work out how it would work with gears?

Is it a right faff getting the wheel in and out? Would you set it up by pushing/sliding the wheel to the front of the dropout, or would the wheel foul the front mech?

Same way any geared bike works, except getting the rear wheel out is a little more of a faff as you have to lift the chain clean off the cassette, and slide the wheel out backwards. Not really a concern for me though, I've got an Alfine hub which is essentially the same setup wise as a singlespeed.

MrTall
    Free Member

So what you are basically saying is that if 'somebody' bought one 2 days ago at £153 they would now feel incredibly annoyed to see that the price has dropped considerably to £110……

ARRRRRGGGGGHHHHH 👿

Don't you just hate it when that happens…..

Clink

So has anyone bought a purple 18" tonight? Interested to see if stock levels actually change!

mboy
    Free Member

clink, iirc the On One website is updated manually for stock levels, not automatically, so you won't see if it has been updated or not…

Anyway, they best not have sold 8 Purple 18" 29ers tonight (yup, decided the Purple is nicer I think) as the money I paid into my account today doesn't clear til tomorrow, so can't process my order yet!

So what you are basically saying is that if 'somebody' bought one 2 days ago at £153 they would now feel incredibly annoyed to see that the price has dropped considerably to £110……

Haha, yup! To think had I sold my car 2 days earlier I'd have been one of those people too! 😉

MrTall
    Free Member

Bit gutted but hey ho, not the end of the world. Have been holding off for weeks on buying one and then the price drop kicks in the day mine arrives! It was still a cheap frame and it's now looking all shiny in the garage. Won't be fully built until the end of the month but does look nice in orange although it'll be interesting to see pics of the purple one once you've built it up.

Will yours be singlespeed or geared? Have all the bits for mine now and have gone with the on one carbon forks and singlespeed. Barely ride singlespeed but fancied a project to play with.

mboy
    Free Member

Would be bought purely for a frame swap with my Gary Fisher Rig rather than a new bike… Rig was bought as a cheap 2nd hand experiment to see if I got on with 29er wheels, I like it but I fancy something newer now… Currently got the original 80mm Rebas on the Rig, an Alfine 8spd setup (I can't deal with singlespeed, knees not strong enough!), and fat tyres (2.2" Kendas which cause clearance issues on the Rig!).

MrTall
    Free Member

Well i've just tested a Weirwolf 2.55" which fits just fine on the back so you'll have no issues there. I've got a HT and FS 29er so this is more of a project bike and won't get ridden a huge amount although when the 11 speed Alfine comes out i'll have the option to change it around a bit.

mboy
    Free Member

Well I ordered a Purple one… So we'll see what it's like when it gets here! 😀

theyEye
    Free Member

Sorry for the hijack — MrTall, how do you find the weirwolf?

headfirst
    Free Member

you made the right choice

MrTall
    Free Member

theyEye – i have not ridden the Weirwolf in anger yet as the bike is not built up yet.

Looks fine although i'd say it's more of a dry weather tyre. As i'll be running this bike rigid the big volume will help. They come up slightly smaller than they say as they are the same size as my 2.35" Rampages.

Clink

They come up slightly smaller than they say as they are the same size as my 2.35" Rampages.

But is that due to the Rampages bigger knobs; presuming the WW's casing volume is greater??

MrTall
    Free Member

Nope, ignoring the knobs the casings seem the same size within a mm according to my basic measurement.

Clink

Looked last night and the price had gone back up to £153 on the 29er; other frames still cheap – what's that all about?!

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 30 total)

The topic ‘Purple or Orange?’ is closed to new replies.