Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • Purple Harry's Bike Floss
  • oscillatewildly
    Free Member

has anybody used it/bought some? thinking of getting some for get around the flanges of the hubs, and front derailleur etc for wiping dried mud off etc when i havent the time to wash fully etc, its impossible to get to with a cloth and toothbrushes, seems like a neat little product if it does infact work and doesnt fall to bits after a bit of oil?

not a troll by the way, or a plug, genuinley wanted a prodcut like this for a while and stumbled upon’st

http://purpleharry.co.uk/products_display

Orange-Crush
    Free Member

Excellent stuff – can be cleaned and reused. Makes the awkward bits dead easy to clean. Get some of each grade.

oscillatewildly
    Free Member

ahh cheers! so its not just me who has spotted it then! does it actually break down a clumped up front derailleur of dry mud? thats the sort of thing i want it for to get inbetween the cable etc etc

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    muppetWrangler
    Free Member

How do they vary from pipe cleaners?

greengiant
    Free Member

I have some, bought it from Purple Harry’s ebay shop, bloody brill!! my mate told me about them. They are look like pipecleaners but much better, much stronger and reusable.
    MuppetW – they seem to be made of stonger material then pipecleaners – they have had some great reviews

oscillatewildly
    Free Member

cool cheers for the info – for 4quid im gonna buy some of the medium ones!

foxyrider
    Free Member

Fab stuff 🙂 – so reusable 🙂 just soak in degreaser afterwards – still on my freebe even now 🙂

Even put it in my article 🙂

http://www.cyclistno1.co.uk/features/maintenance/chain-maintenance.htm

RealMan
    Free Member

Look pretty good, but also a bit pricey for pipe cleaners. Have bookmarked them in my “crap to buy when I already have everything I want” folder, for another time.

foxyrider
    Free Member

They last for ages so money/use pretty good TBH 🙂

geoffj

Lol @ RealMan

plodtv
    Free Member

foxyrider – Member
    Fab stuff – so reusable just soak in degreaser afterwards – still on my freebe even now

Even put it in my article

Where is it in that article? I can’t find any purple/floss/pipe in that page, I read most of it but skimmed some of it, but doesn’t seem to mention using the product at all.

Was nice article though 🙂

foxyrider
    Free Member

Where is it in that article? I can’t find any purple/floss/pipe in that page, I read most of it but skimmed some of it, but doesn’t seem to mention using the product at all.

Was nice article though

😳 – god I’m going mad – just posting up crap these days 😯

Was this one 😉

http://www.cyclistno1.co.uk/features/maintenance/mud-proof-your-bike.htm

plodtv
    Free Member

thanks, nice site by the way 🙂

foxyrider
    Free Member

Cheers plod – Down to Gary Lake off here really but I try and do my bit 🙂 (sorry STW – not trying to plug!)

greengiant
    Free Member

BTW – I have also tried their other cleaning products really good too, nice article foxyrider. Like the chain blogtoo!! 🙂 Also not plugging either, but if it’s good people need to know.

muppetWrangler
    Free Member

I still need convincing that they are not pipe cleaners.

Bike floss £4.49 for 5 pieces.
    Pipe cleaners £2.00 for 100 pieces.

foxyrider
    Free Member

Def not pipe cleaners – I have used mine prob about 12 times now and soaked in harsh de-greaser and still going strong and no rust either!

Orange-Crush
    Free Member

Further to my initial post I can say I scoffed at them when they were first reviewed (£££ for pipecleaners?). I can’t remember why I got some but they are much bigger diameter than pipecleaners and much stronger. The “prickly” grade really does a job on removing dirt. Use the soft ones on painted areas.

uplink
    Free Member

Purple Harry’s Bike Floss = snake oil

Jumbo pipe cleaners are where it’s at 🙂

http://www.ryman.co.uk/0895566069/Ryman-Activity-Kit-Jumbo-Pipe-Cleaners/Product?

muppetWrangler
    Free Member

100 for £1.75. or the equivalent cost of 50 to 1 floss stick. That’s a lot of reuse.
    If you want thicker twist a couple or three together.

This is of course assuming that anybody really needs to use pipe cleaners on a bike, can’t say I ever have.

purpletrumpet
    Free Member

They are brilliant and muppetwrangler, what exactly do you use to clean you on your cassette then to clean it?

Realman (really)??? You need these not want them!! And they are not crap or pipe cleaners!!! Don’t knock em til youve tried them!!

Stoner
    Free Member

If you’re going to shill your product at least try and create a backstory to your login persona, and not name it after your product. sheesh, spam 101!

motorman
    Free Member

They are brilliant and muppetwrangler, what exactly do you use to clean you on your cassette then to clean it?

Well If I feel the need, I use cotton string….think cassette floss.
    Really can’t see the point of these, but that is just my opinion

foxyrider
    Free Member

Fills a niche IMHO but you “dont” need them – handy but not vital 🙂

zilog6128

I have used them and whilst they are a tad expensive, if you are OCD about having a very clean bike they are a great timesaver. Seem to be fairly re-usable. I will probably get some more when they’re too manky to re-use but I will have a proper google to see if I can find a cheaper alternative first. And, no, they are not just pipe-cleaners!!

cheese@4p

But are the blighters any good for cleaning the old pipe?

Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)

The topic ‘Purple Harry's Bike Floss’ is closed to new replies.