Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Purple anodized Zaskar LE
  • tlr

Apologies for the ‘whats it worth’ nature of this question in advance….

Is this GT Zaskar LE worth anything these days?

A quick google reveals very little.

Its fully working, but it has been well used and parts aren’t all ‘period correct’ by any means as I upgraded it as I went, although I think shifters, chainset and mechs might be (and the upside down DX thumbshifter for the front!)

My father has been using it as his shopping bike for the last 10 years, hence the dodgy tyres, and its his garden not mine so knock yourselves out. He wants rid of it now, so if its worth anything I’ll try and sell it for him, if not then I might just keep it myself for nostalgia value.

thanks

RickDraper
    Free Member

Best place to look is RetroBike. There was a ball burnished one for sale a few weeks ago for £300 that was pretty much period correct.

squoglybob
    Free Member

Ooooooh the Light Edition, for those that wanted the Xiang but couldn’t quite stretch that far.

I had the LE in ink blue,

As for price? Best looking on retrobike. But as a guess I’d say it’s got to be worth £250 with a few period parts to keep or swap over.

hopeychondriact
    Free Member

Could be anywhere between £150 to £250, just depends on the day and right buyer.

I sold a set of mint Z2 cherry red bombers for £60 once, they were £700 odd new.
    So don’t expect to make loadsa moolah.

If we were talking original spec which was actually mint then yes, £300 might be achievable, but again all depends on the day.

dirtyrider
    Free Member

thats Ink Blue not Purple surely? (i had a Aqua Turquoise LE, fond memories, still bare the scar on my elbow from when the head tube parted company)

purple looked like this

gravity-slave
    Free Member

Worth very little.
    I ‘restored’ my ’93 purple LE, all period kit I had from new, RS Mag 20’s, Middleburn RS2’s, butter scotch smoke and dart, Sub 130 handlebars. Priced it up. Worth nowt so hung it on the workshop wall!

superstu
    Free Member

Think reports of £300 are optimistic. Always a market for zaskars but by the looks the frame is on the large size which rules it out for many.

I’d say £150 maybe a bit more with a fair wind. Used to spend quite a bit of time over at Retrobike but the market has seriously dried up over there for some reason.

tlr

Ah yes, ink blue does ring a bell. It’s an 18″ so not huge really.

Thanks for the thoughts, I guess for these things it depends on finding the right person on the right day.

I am mega tempted to keep it and ride it.

superstu
    Free Member

Sorry mate, looks bigger in the photo. My brother had one, cracking frame and dead light. I watched a latter (worse) zaskars go locally for £90 on the weekend with every part on it rusted and ready to be scrapped. So it has to be worth a fair bit more for being a better model, most popular size and in running order

dirtyrider
    Free Member

id keep to if you have space and it fits 😀

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Purple anodized Zaskar LE’ is closed to new replies.