Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Pure Racing uppy downy seatpost fiddling question
  • mrblobby
    Free Member

Got an i900 in 30.9 and a i950 in 31.6. Anyone know if I can swap the lowers between posts?

mrblobby
    Free Member

Bump for the weekday stw uppy downy seatpost experts…

wwaswas

Give SuperStar a call – they’d know for sure?

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    hora
    Free Member

How are you finding them in general? Just bought a new 30.9 remote version.

mrblobby
    Free Member

I’ve had the non remote one for a couple of years now and it’s been fine. Gets a bit stiff at times but half an hour spent cleaning and applying some suspension grease and it’s as good as new. Ran the seat a bit far back on the rails for a while and got some wear on the post but it doesn’t seem to be an issue. Haven’t had the remote one long, only done a couple of rides on it, but seems ok so far. If I was buying new I’d probably go for the reverb just because of the positive reviews, but I really have no complaints about the one I’ve got.

hora
    Free Member

Ta, £160 is alot of money to pay on a seatpost isnt it? Just feeling abit ‘eek I’ve just paid THAT for a seatpost’ feeling.

mrblobby
    Free Member

It does seem a lot. They are very handy though. Make sure you give it a regular service, take it apart and give it a proper clean and lube. Also I ran the saddle quite far back on the rails for a while and I think this resulted in scoring on the post so something to watch out for there. Also for local pootles in winter where I’d never use the uppy downy i swap it for a normal post. Lasted well so far.

Ewan
    Free Member

If it helps, USE will make you a 30.9-31.6 shim for 7 quid. Let’s me swap mine between my Chumba and Nomad.

hora
    Free Member

Blimey, I’ve got post-purchase cognitive disodence over ONE and you lot own TWO!!!!

mrblobby
    Free Member

I was considering getting a reverb too 😉

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Pure Racing uppy downy seatpost fiddling question’ is closed to new replies.