Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Pure Racing i7 27.2mm uppie/downie post – anyone used one yet??
  • bigdonx
    Free Member

As per the title, thinking about purchasing one – any feedback on them? Not even sure how avaialable they are yet?

Cheers.

scruff
    Free Member

X-fusion are doing a 27.2 soon, story on Pinkbike.

bigdonx
    Free Member

Cheers Scruff – looks interesting – the more options the merrier……

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    bigdonx
    Free Member

Any more for anymore??

malibu_babe_28
    Free Member

I have one. It does what it says on the tin really! I also have an i900. I have had some problems with both. The i900 went back twice for stantion scoring problems and broken levers. This was annoying but turn around was always fast. I also had A problem with the seat clamp unscrewing from the stantion and I had to re-glue. On the i7 it initially turned up with a machining fault and had to be replaced. So that's the bad stuff out the way. Yes I feel I ended up beta testing both models. Yes it was boring going to the post office a lot. Now the good stuff – they've transformed my riding and given me more confidence. When the gremlins are sorted they work like a dream, and have had no long term issues (I.e. No wear problems), but I do service them regularly (re-grease). Customer service has always been fast and helpful. I would go as far as to say that most of the design / manufacturing issues have now been resolved, so you should now be OK.

bigdonx
    Free Member

Cheers m_b_28, how long have you had the i7? Didn't think they'd been avaiable for very long??

crashdummy
    Free Member

I have an i7 and it is the dog's dangalies.

To be fair any adjustable seatpost will transform your riding. But not having to worry about having your nuts crushed by a saddle hitting them at mach ten is nice.

The i7 has a smooth action and is easy to use (I have the remote leaver option).

On the negative side the post seems to be leaking oil so I'll need to keep an eye on that but it does not, as yet, seem to have had any effect.

I got mine from Moose Cycles who had them on offer.

crashdummy
    Free Member

The one thing I would say is that the post is a bit short for tall riders. I have an Orange Five 18" and I have the i7 set at its seated at the maximum level (i.e. inserted into the tube until it reaches the minimum mark) and at full extention I could still cope with a bit more hight for flat sections (although it isn't a major issue).

malibu_babe_28
    Free Member

I got one on pre order so I've had it about a month. The i900 I've had about 18 months.

bigdonx
    Free Member

Crashdummy – how tall are you? I too have an 18" Five which I'm planning the uppie/downie for. Not sure if I like the sound of forking out a couple of hundred quid for something that I can't get to the full height I want – kind of deafeats the purpose.
    I'm 5'9" ish by the way – so not overly tall……..
    Have you any idea how much distance from the top of the seat tube to top of the saddle at full extension?

scaredypants

the rase ones will do 9 inches of travel I think

they're not perfect but pretty good IME

bigdonx
    Free Member

scaredypants – I did see the Rase one somewhere – is it of the mach 10 nut crusher variety, or the nicely damped nut caressor type?

scaredypants

mach 10 😯 – 'til I sprayed the works with chainsaw oil/wax

bigdonx
    Free Member

Anyone else got an i7??

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Pure Racing i7 27.2mm uppie/downie post – anyone used one yet??’ is closed to new replies.