Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Pure Highway in-car DAB radio – thoughts or views needed
  • Mooly
    Free Member

Has anyone got a DAB radio in their car.
    Having become a total covert to 6 music and getting slightly too old for the shite the play on radio 1 but refusing to become a complete fogey and listen to Graham Norton on Radio 2. I would like to know if anyone has a thoughts or experience of DAB in car radios especially the Pure highway unit.
    Cheers

Cougar

Dunno about that particular unit, but I’ve had DAB in the car for a few years now and rarely listen to anything else.

The one I had in the Vectra a few years ago was pish, but the one in the Mondeo I have now is fantastic. Listen mostly to Planet Rock and the Absolute series (80s / 90s / Classic Rock et al). Wouldn’t be without it.

molgrips
    Free Member

I’ve got one, it’s great. Hard to fault as a piece of kit – well designed, well executed, they’ve thought it through well.

However I don’t like having junk stuck on the windscreen and wires trailing all over the place. I’ve got a project to install it nicely somewhere but I’ve not got round to it yet, of course.

scaredypants

yeah, pretty good.
    rarely lose signal where I drive (new forest & M27 soton to ports) with just the little in-car aerial
    wires are a bit of a pain; mine are half-hidden (doesn’t look obviously as though there’s a nickable radio in there as you walk past)

Free Member

I have the Kenwood unit in my Mk3 golf for about 5 years which works well now but now but it still losses the signil in the same spots and depends where you go I find you can not always get all the stations.

2unfit2ride
    Free Member

Not had one for a few years now, but I was an early adaptor back in the day. It necessitated an independent aerial, but thankfully the car I had at the time had a roof aerial anyway so it was (an expensive) strait swap.

On the whole I would have one any day over a normal radio, shame I never have the same car long enough to justify a purchase.

italspark
    Free Member

yeah , put one in my campervan and it works great even with a windscreen mounted ariel, also means that i dont have to listen to a load of christian shite on a sunday morning on my way to a ride !

traildog
    Free Member

You could always try using your phone to listen to it in the car…

cheers_drive

The Highway is one of my best purchases ever. It works well and the FM sender shames the Itrip carp you can get. The leads are a pain but I’ve tucked them into gaps between panels so not that bad. The widow sucker was a pain though and it often fell off, luckily I have a spare slot in the dash and fashioned a Heath Robinson style adapter for it to fit there,

smogmonster

The highway is great. As above the wires are a pain, but if you like TS. 5 Live etc, its essential.

Blazin-saddles
    Free Member

I love the highway, picks up signal really well and rarely looses it. wires are a bit unsightly but can be hidden with a bit of thought, BUT…. I’m now on number 3 as they seem to keep packing up, replaced under warranty but a bit of a pain.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Pure Highway in-car DAB radio – thoughts or views needed’ is closed to new replies.