Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Pure Highway DAB – Anyone got one?
  • Harry_the_Spider

Is it any good?

Are there loads of wires all over the place?

How unsightly is the aerial?

Can it be mounted off the centre console or does it have to be up on the windscreen?

Is it a faff?

Thanks.

Blazin-saddles
    Free Member

I have one, it works really well for me, good reception in most places I’ve been.

Wires are a bit unsightly but can be tucked away in most cars with a bit of thought. I run mine down behind the trim and put the unit in the glovebox plugged into an aux 12v socket I have in there. I keep the same station on most of the time anyway so don’t need regular access to it.

molgrips
    Free Member

I have one. Excellent bit of kit. Wires all over the place though – or rather, at least one wire to power the thing.

I’ve spend a long time considering how to fit it without the wires everywhere. One option is to get a power feed out of the dash by the window – then all wires would be hidden at the front of the windscreen and you’d be fine.

However I also don’t like the thing hanging off the windscreen, so I need to either fix it to the dash or hide it away. You can get a magnetic sticky bit of metal to fix it to the dash if that works with your wire situation – you’d hve to run the aerial lead behind the dash then. However what I’ve decided to do is put it in the centre console storage bin since I rarely change channel, and if I want to I can reach in and use the speed dial buttons on the top.

Harry_the_Spider

I was thinking of putting it in the storage bin between the front seats too because the rear seat power supply is next to it and I can’t be doing with wires all over the place. Also, the sat nav uses the power supply in the front.

How did you get the aerial to it?

Does the aerial have to be on the glass or could I leave it under a seat?

molgrips
    Free Member

Note I have not actually done this fully yet.

For the aerial, I am going to make an extension lead for it and run it under whichever trim panels I can find til it ends up coming out of a flap in the storage bin. In the Passat I also have to add a fag lighter socket and stereo aux-in too, but in the Prius they are both there already.

Pain in the bum, but worth it.

Now if I could find a double-din satnav stereo with DAB, I’d have that.. but I can’t.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Pure Highway DAB – Anyone got one?’ is closed to new replies.