Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Purbecks: Worth a visit this time of year?
  • ThurmanMerman
    Free Member

Possibly going down that way on Saturday and want to fit in a ride if I do. Been *ages* since I've ridden round that way and wondered if it's rideable this time of year, or is it all lethal slippery chalk tracks?

Cheers.

rusty-trowel
    Free Member

Loads of non chalky bits, but it's generally a bit of a mess at the moment. The fire roads are ok obviously, but even the ridge at nine barrow was muddy/sticky the other week. The golf course bits are rideable, but messy, and Franks tank has some bits cordoned off for repair. When are you likely to be going out? i was going to go out on the roadbike, but might be able to bring the mtb out of hibernation.

charliedontsurf

Agree with Rusty Towel above… pretty sticky.

Descent into chapmans poole from the road is a swamp.
    Even the roads are in a messy way at the moment.
    The ridges have not yet dried out

But hey, who scared of a little mud.

Scienceofficer
    Free Member

Purbecks is only worth visiting if you're local IMO, although its the best riding in that area, by some margin. Good in the summer for a nice day of rolling hills and good scenery.

ThurmanMerman
    Free Member

rusty trowel, I'll mail you later :O)

Charlie, I'll see you Sat PM :O)

captain_bastard
    Free Member

Hi Rusty – still finding sand in bits of my bike!

Thurman – take spare brake pads!

rusty-trowel
    Free Member

Yeah, sorry about that captain. 😳

ThurmanMerman
    Free Member

rusty trowel – YGM

spooky_b329

Definately best in the summer, though if you are making the trip anyway you might as well take the bike along 🙂

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Purbecks: Worth a visit this time of year?’ is closed to new replies.