Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Purbecks ride this weekend?
  • motivforz
    Free Member

hi there, just moved back home to Bournemouth, and last year started to take up mountain biking a not more seriously. I've done a bit of riding in the Purbecks when younger but don't know where any of the good stuff is.

Does anybody fancy a ride either sat or Sunday, preferably meeting at the chain ferry? I'm more of a have a laugh rider, not super fast so would like to meet similar types for a bit of riding this summer before going back to uni in October.

Ashley
    Free Member

Dorset Rough Riders over there tonight if you fancy it – DRR website

MulletusMaximus
    Free Member

If you get to the chain ferry about 10ish there will almost always be someone there. Maybe ask them if you can tag along if you can't find anyone.

rusty-trowel
    Free Member

Don't think i can do this weekend, but as said get to the ferry for 10 on Sunday there should be a few about. If you want to meet loads of people to ride with (40+!) then Wednesday night 6.20pm ferry the Ride Cycleworks lot go out. 2 groups, not too fast in slower group, plenty of chat/ banter.

E mail me if you want to do a week night or something, me and DrP go out a bit locally (when he's back from the Alps).

BigGraham
    Free Member

I'm B'mth based, I'm not about this week but most tues eve's we do Meryick Park/Seafront ride and we often ride canford heath, moors valley/avon heath over the weekends if ya wanted some closer to home quick blasts

MulletusMaximus
    Free Member

Rusty, doing a 50 mile road ride Sunday morning if you're around my way?

rusty-trowel
    Free Member

If you're doing 50 miles, you'll be nearly here anyway 🙂

Rubber_Buccaneer

Dorset Rough Riders over there tonight if you fancy it

Any members on here? Are there regular evening rides? I stay in Poole during the week and evening club rides sound a good way to learn the area.

Adrian

rusty-trowel
    Free Member

Rubber Buccaneer – I'm in Poole, as is DrP. Loads of group rides going on around here. Big steady one every Wednesday, fast one every Tuesday (too fast for me). Stick your nose in to see Rich at Ride bike shop in Ashley Cross, or roll up at the ferry at 6ish. Saturdays and Sundays usually get a bit of a crowd too (10ish ferry). Road chains as well if that floats your boat.

I think Primera do something to, as do the DRR. For a smaller scale thing, Me and DrP do shortish evening rides every couple of weeks after the kids bedtimes.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Purbecks ride this weekend?’ is closed to new replies.