Viewing 32 posts - 1 through 32 (of 32 total)
  • Punk Will Never Die!
  • Jamie
    Free Member

….but it does like a snooze.

cfinnimore
    Free Member

littlesmilehappyface

mikewsmith
    Free Member

awwww aren’t those punks soo cute….

B.A.Nana
    Free Member

An opportunity to live up to my name/monica (N.A.Palmer AKA B.A.Nana)
    [video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xGjk1Y_j8QE[/video]

loddrik
    Free Member

On their way home to highgate. Eat the rich and all that…

shermer75
    Free Member

B.A.Nana did u used to be in Crass?

piemonster

Aww bless

Pigface
    Free Member

Steve Ignorant from Crass now a lifeboat man in Norfolk

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-23851982

Life is one big fabulous adventure 😀

loddrik
    Free Member

Johnny rotten advertises butter on tv. Sometimes real life gets in the way of youthful ideologies….

willabilly
    Free Member

new here, good to see this,

interestingly, i interviewed steve ignorant a couple of years ago, amazingly humble bloke

tazzymtb

Punk died as soon as it lost its creativity and became rebellion by numbers. Have a mohican or liberty spike and spout 6th form political views to a boring sound-a-like background noise.

rOcKeTdOg

Tell that to Sid

metalheart
    Free Member

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hP9Wfs6viiQ&feature=youtube_gdata_player[/video]

Sniggers….

khani
    Free Member

Punk died as soon as it lost its creativity and became rebellion by numbers. Have a mohican or liberty spike and spout 6th form political views to a boring sound-a-like background noise.

It’ll never die while your around young mayn.. 😀
    I still get the old vinyls out now and then to shake up the neighbours..

dannybgoode

According to the scientists it is Harcore that will never die

Cheers

Danny B

sc-xc

Some great punk around – ignore the cartoon punks and head over to TNS Records

While you’re at it – this it where I’ll be in October…

eggshellblonde
    Free Member

<owns up to 30yr old crass tattoo on arm>

For me bands like crass were completely different to the bands like exploited etc.
    Crass et al fitted well with my enquiring teenage mind, examining society, womens rights, war,working your whole life just to provide a roof over your head then die(I was fun to be around I guess 😀 )all dem BIG things that can bug an idealist- which really as a teenager we should all be. Worry about the practicalities when you have to pay for them.

Feels like a long time ago now…oh yeah it was.

iamsporticus
    Free Member

^^^^ that

Pay no more than 39p…….

eggshellblonde
    Free Member

iamsporticus – Member

^^^^ that

Pay no more than 39p…….

haha i’d forgotton that stuff:)

kuman
    Free Member

Cute 🙂

I took this one couple of years ago

RustySpanner

Anyone else going to see Culture Shock in Manchester?
    Saw the Subhumans in Hulme Labour Club years ago.
    Looking forward to this one.

Onward & Upward, eh?

eggshellblonde
    Free Member

flux of pink Indians..

[video]http://youtu.be/KnAqdzNhzeE[/video]

Back in the day tho’ vegetarianism was a cop out, it had to be vegan. 😉

Sign of the times…. the first link to this song I was going to post had an advert for Madonna’s some sheet tour tacked on the start.
    It really was a long time ago.
    edit: not sure why that didn’t work

metalheart
    Free Member

Hell yeah. Crass changed my life. I was an idealistic 14 yo and I bought it all big style.

I got back into them after hearing the Jeffrey Lewis 12 Crass Songs album and thinking yeah the lyrics still stand up today (esp. When ‘tweaked’ by Jeffrey!). I rebought feeding and stations on cd and even a couple of the Steve Ignorant T shirts off Southern (and have had randoms stop me speak in the street when wearing them).

But punk was more than half a lifetime ago now. Post punk and it’s reverberations we’re much, much more interesting than those ‘keeping the faith’.

spursn17
    Free Member

Mid- fifties – check
    Married – check
    Kids – Check
    Responsible Job – Check
    F*** You Attitude – check

You never lose it, I don’t regret it, and sometimes it’s helped me out (and also kicked me in the @rse!).

I’ve been through a few incarnations since, scooterboy was a big one, but the inner punk is always lurking somewhere. As the late great Poly Styrene once sang…

“I LIVE OFF YOU
    AND YOU LIVE OF ME
    AND THE WHOLE WORLD
    LIVES OFF OF EVERYBODY

SEE WE GOTTA BE EXPLOITED
    SEE WE GOTTA BE EXPLOITED
    BY SOMEBODY BY SOMEBODY
    BY SOMEBODY”

B.A.Nana
    Free Member

shermer75 – Member
    B.A.Nana did u used to be in Crass?

😯 I was a bit young, I do still cherish my ticket tho. Trades Club Hebden Bridge May 82 (I was 15). They did an afternoon set and an evening set and served mugs of tea and sandwiches at half time.

I was captivated by the Gee artwork and imagery. I 1st heard the Honey Bane 7″ at a party and was hooked.

RustySpanner

Loved Punk, was really into the free festival stuff – Here & Now, Blyth Power, Subhumans, Misty In Roots etc.
    Lots and lots of very happy memories, a ton of vinyl and a certain attitude that stays with you.

Spursn17, cutdown T5 and a fake grass skirt by any chance ?

dannybgoode

To be fair also they look more like techno hippies than punks also.

Probably on their way back from some SUF event in Brixton.

spursn17
    Free Member

Rusty Spanner, cutdown Vespa SS180 was one of them (I didn’t cut it, but enjoyed the horror it produced).

Had a succession of scoots all through the 80’s and right up until about 5 years ago, my missus still thinks that I’ll get another one. I had lots of PX’s and Lammy cutdowns, one Lammy chopper, and one Lam that I fully rebuilt, full set of panels as well. I never put them on, ran it as a skelly, and painted it flourescent yellow. Matt black is still my favourite colour though.

Funnily enough I was listening to Misty In Roots at work this morning.

zippykona

I mentally sing a Crass song whenever we park up the mondeo and go in the garden centre.
    Just keeps my edge a little less dull.

iamsporticus
    Free Member

spursn17 – Member
    Mid- fifties – check
    Married – check
    Kids – Check
    Responsible Job – Check
    F*** You Attitude – check

You never lose it, I don’t regret it, and sometimes it’s helped me out (and also kicked me in the @rse!).

I’ve been through a few incarnations since, scooterboy was a big one, but the inner punk is always lurking somewhere.

Bl00dy hell
    Ive always regarded myself as a non conformist, as much of a rebel as you can be holding down a job in the current economic climate but your post has really hit a nerve

It hadnt occurred to me that my inner punk is still alive and kicking, although when my (then) 5y old was word perfect with California Ûber Alles I did think my musical taste was stuck in a time warp

Interesting, most of my beliefs and politics can be pretty much traced back to the early 80’s/late 70’s but with a lot more reality and less naive idealism than I had as a teenager 🙂

RustySpanner

Got any pics?

I had mates into the runs and the weekenders.
    Enjoyed the few I went to, but just like the festivals, the atmosphere seemed to change for the worse.
    Helped restore a couple of Lammys a few years ago before they became unaffordable & keep promising myself a new (to me) PX.

Oh, that pair in the first pic.
    Fashion victims. He’s even cut the holes in his jeans.
    Sadder than a kitten’s funeral.

spursn17
    Free Member

I never managed to get on the runs, 2 small kids and no spare cash put paid to that. Brother-in-law got arrested on most of them though 😆

Gone are the days when you could pick one up for thirty quid!

Oh, that pair in the first pic.
    Fashion victims. He’s even cut the holes in his jeans.
    Sadder than a kitten’s funeral.

I seem to remeber most punks wearing Dr Martens, straight leg Levi’s, and tatty T-shirts. I always thought that the Kings Rd peacocks were dickheads. Punk is in the mind, not worn on the outside.

Iamsporticus, I’m with you there. I seem to question everything and brought my kids up to do the same. They’ve grown up into very independant free thinking adults.

Viewing 32 posts - 1 through 32 (of 32 total)

The topic ‘Punk Will Never Die!’ is closed to new replies.