Viewing 5 posts - 121 through 125 (of 125 total)
  • Punishment Passes – Is there anything you can do?
  • cloudnine
    Free Member

So.. Do most people bother reporting them?
    Got 2 in row the other morning. Was starting to think the bright blinky light on my helmet was a target..

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Sounds like Cumbria have some sort of automated system for dealing with it by sending out letters. Which is great if it makes people think and change their habits/actions (assuming bad driving is split between those who pass too close out of habit and not realising the danger, and those who do it deliberately but assume they’ll never be caught).

I guess for any sort of prosecution you’d need some evidence they were acting deliberately (repeatedly overtaking then pulling back to aim at you?) rather than just bad driving.

martinhutch

Bails – that road-rager’s lawyer is a hoot.

The lawyer said that during his work as a lorry driver, his client drove “millions upon millions of miles” and had an unblemished driving record other than receiving points on his licence for not wearing a seat belt and using a mobile phone.

Mr McManus said of Warrington, “He is not a man who causes difficulty for other road users.”

dazh

Well it’s been a while but this morning I was the victim of a punishment pass, but in the wrong direction 😯 Was filtering down the middle of a 2-way road with plenty room, and some hero coming the other way saw me, put his foot down then steered towards me to the point where I had to take evasive action. Missed the wing mirror of the car I was overtaking by inches. It’s incidents like these that make me wish I had a camera. Still I suppose I could see him coming unlike one from behind.

jimjam
    Free Member

bails – Member

For arguements sake – could a a punishment pass be construed as an Assault?

Yes*
    http://road.cc/content/news/134820-road-rage-driver-convcited-assaulting-two-cyclists-who-were-duty-police-officers

“assaulting Constable McMahon due to the fear of injury caused to the latter by passing him with only two or three feet to spare”

I’d like to see that outcome if the cyclists weren’t off duty police but I doubt it would ever happen.

Viewing 5 posts - 121 through 125 (of 125 total)

The topic ‘Punishment Passes – Is there anything you can do?’ is closed to new replies.