Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Punctures be gone! Or first impressions of Green Tyres.
  • Morpheus00
    Free Member

Fitted GreenTyres (see GreenTyre.com) to my commuter bike last night (losing three layers of skin in the process), and thought I'd share my initial impressions post first-commute:

The ride is VERY firm. I did get the 'Racer' model which is rated as having an equivalent PSI of 100, so I expected them to feel fairly hard, but they're way less forgiving than pneumatics at that pressure (which I run my road bikes at). You certainly feel the road surface. I felt like I'd just done the Paris-Roubaix after my commute on the Liverpool loop line. They also felt slower, but how much that was psychological I'm not yet sure.

That said, it was a great feeling taking my pump off the frame this morning and leaving my tubes and tools behind, knowing no amount of broken glass, nails or miscellaneous nasties dropped by 'raller' scallies will matter to me anymore. They're not too heavy either at 320g a piece, which makes them about a third the weight of alternative puncture proof tyres (i.e. the Schwalbe Marathon Plus – I know Armadillos are lighter, but they're only puncture resistant).

So overall initial impressions are mixed: it's great knowing that I can now ride through glass with abandon and will no longer experience the deflation (pun intended) of a tyre that has gone down overnight necessitating an early morning fix. On the other hand I'm not sure my old bones will appreciate the rattling….

Monkeeknutz
    Free Member

No one cares what you think you big spanner!

Morpheus00
    Free Member

Moderators: please ban the abusive troll above (not me, the other one…)

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘Punctures be gone! Or first impressions of Green Tyres.’ is closed to new replies.