Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Puncture resistant road tyres with some tread on them?
  • lunge

Morning all,

I’m doing an event in June that involves a 40 mile bike ride, 35 of which are on rad, 5 off road. The off road bit is basically gravel paths and old railways from what I can gather.

I’ve decided to do it on my road bike so need some suitable tyres as I’m not sure Ultermo’s are the way forward. The requirements are:
    Puncture resistant
    Tough sidewalls
    Some kind of tread (not slicks)
    25mm max as that is all I can get in my frame.

Vittoria Rubbino’s look about right but having never used them I have no idea of they are good, bad or indifferent!

Thanks in advance.

kayak23

Schwalbe marathon?
    Just fitted mtb equivalent for a similar thing.

aP
    Free Member

GP4 Season. Just enough tread, good grip, good puncture protection and relatively light.

irelanst
    Free Member

I use Rubbino’s on my commuter and can honestly say I have never had a puncture in 8 years of riding, the last set were down to the carcass until I got round to replacing them.

They are fine on hardpack surfaces and I’ve used them around the local trails when they are dry without any problems.

They aren’t light though.

TiRed

Schwalbe Durano Plus. No tread, but for five miles of gravel path, they will cope fine. Otherwise Marathon plus, but they will be heavy and sluggish for the other 35 miles.

jekkyl

conti travel contact are ace, semi slick and 1.75, go like a bomb.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Puncture resistant road tyres with some tread on them?’ is closed to new replies.