Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Puncture resist tyres schwalbe any good ?
  • kenboy
    Free Member

Thinking of buying schwalbe marathon mondials to go on mountain bike want to use off road only towpath in summer any good or should I get schwalbe black jacks need tyres to commute on as well any idea if any good need to have puncture proofing if possible as had maxis tyres and they were rubbish tried continentals and they were better but heard schwalbe are fast rolling ?

rewski
    Free Member

Yes they’re bloomin ace, been using marathon plus on all my commuter bikes for years, heavy though. Had one fail, and that was from a chunk of glass that had eventually made it’s way through the kevlar, probably been there a fair while.

ahwiles
    Free Member

they’re very puncture resistant.

they’re very heavy.

they handle funny – the extra thick p-resistant layer seems to make them quite ‘tall’ for their size – which makes them a little tricky to ride no-handed (the bike seems to fall from one side to the other).

but you can get used to the handling, and i doubt there’s much out there more resistant to punctures.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Teh conti puncture proof tyres work as well

Northwind

My Marathons have been awesome but they’re heavy… And yep, there’s an oddness about the handling, nothing really troublesome but switching from standard to punctureproof is a bit weird, they feel a little sluggish sometimes.

Still, I like em.

poolman
    Free Member

yes i have the marathon pluses and they are heavy, 1kg each. However they are bombproof.

they do seem to handle a bit funny but i only realised when reading the above comments.

i see them as a training tyre, anything else you will fly on

redfordrider
    Free Member

+1 for marathons. They’ve never let me down.

kenboy
    Free Member

Any thoughts on the schwalbe black jacks heard there more off road but still good also seen marathon mondials are they any good need for long days out looks like black jacks are lighter but grip well in looser conditions any one used black jacks?

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Puncture resist tyres schwalbe any good ?’ is closed to new replies.