Viewing 28 posts - 1 through 28 (of 28 total)
  • Puncture Competetition!
  • PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Show/tell your best punctures!
    This was me, yesterday

Untitled by PeterPoddy, on Flickr

Drac

I’ve never had one on a car, what do I win?

philconsequence
    Free Member

a puncture by the end of the week, that’s how the world works

DezB
    Free Member

Is that a shard of something stuck in the tyre?

(I’ve never taken a photo of a puncture so I can’t play)

scaredypants

What did you hit, a passing spitfire ?

I’ve only ever had one when the tyre’s already been at the point of baldn…
    … oh

toby1

Risks of working in a quarry?

I once drove a mate and his flat tyre/wheel to the tyre fitters to get repaired, on dropping him off at his house on the way back I noticed a screw sticking out of my tyre, income generation from the fitters – maybe!

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Toby, actually no. I’m on the MASSIVE industrial estate in Teesport this week. Drive through a puddle and came out with that and a loud BANG BANG BANG BANG as it turned round battering the inside of the wheel arch.

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

What did you hit, a passing spitfire ?
    I’ve only ever had one when the tyre’s already been at the point of baldn…
    … oh

Fair comment but it is still legal. I don’t think a new tyre would have helped any in that situation, do you?

I’m just glad it was on my £400 Omega that’s going to the scrappers on Monday, not the Focus with £300 worth of new Goodyears on it!

bencooper
    Free Member

Has anyone ever tried that “stuff it with grass” trick for trailside repairs? Load of rubbish, it never works 🙂

Drac

a puncture by the end of the week, that’s how the world works

Aye kind think I might have just cursed myself, still the wife has the car all this week so she can sort it and be puzzled to why there is only a can of foam.

alanf
    Free Member

I had a Parker pen go through a 190 rear motorbike tyre. Well, it was half a parker pen – the top part.
    Took a perfect core of the tyre with it.
    It was about 500 miles old and £140 quid down the pan.
    *It was not far after a posh private school. Had it been a comp then a bic pen wouldn’t have caused any damage!

* Pure speculation.

logical
    Free Member

I would have thought that Badger would win. Not strictly a puncture but it was funny non the less.

Drac

turboferret

Had this driving through a field at a DH race last year – tyres had done less than a 1000 miles 🙁

Funnily enough it wasn’t repairable…

Cheers, Rich

ski
    Free Member

Lass here at work, suffered two puntures while her VW Polo was parked down a residential street.

When she came back to her car after work, a couple of helpful lads who just happened to own a tyre fitting business round the corner offered her a steal of a cash price, to fit two barly leagal used tires for her for only £200, bargin!

She came into work the next day beaming about how some folk are just too kind 😯

therealhoops
    Free Member

AMATEURS!
    this one formed quite a crowd at KwikFik

cheese@4p

LOL

V V V

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

That’s not a puncture it’s just worn out!

wwaswas

what they said ‘tyre so badly worn it delaminated’ is not a puncture.

tinsy
    Free Member

PP, whay is the vectra going to the scrap yard?

did you ever bother with the oil or just turn up the stereo?

brakes
    Free Member

only picture of a puncture I have and the useless bodge to make it rideable that failed, happened when rolling down an embankment and at the compression at the bottom lay a rather sharp stone. BANG!

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Tinsy – It’s an Omega.
    I did try the oil and it helped a bit but its not cured it. The puncture is just the final nail in the coffin really. It’s not a bad car but it’ll need a fair bit of money spent to get it though an MoT. Suspension bushes, exhaust, tyre.
    I couldn’t really sell it on without feeling guilty. It’s done me proud though. It owes me £500 and ill get £200 scrap for it. £300 for 8500 miles is good value IMO. 🙂

therealhoops
    Free Member

That’s not a puncture it’s just worn out!

Well it did a remarkable impression of one then, right down to letting all the air escape.

Kit
    Free Member

DSC00277 by Ginger F0x, on Flickr

Big Nail by Ginger F0x, on Flickr

logical
    Free Member

Thankyou Drac
    That ALWAYS makes me laugh. Nearl as much as Agent Picolax!!

michaellivett
    Free Member

Blow out on M25 a few years ago

whatgoesup

I know, it doesn’t look that bad, but both rears looked pretty much like this, and we’d just driven from Kuala Lumpur to Singapore and half way back again when this let go at 2AM.

At this point, I discovered that the tools in the car were rounded (it was essentially a rather large allen key arrangement) and being on the outside of a motorway bend we had 2 lorries veering towards us and realising that we weren’t moving at the last minute. My good lady was keeping watch whilst I tried to sort this out.

Moral of the story – check hire car tyres out!

IMG_1935 by markwsf, on Flickr

IMG_1937 by markwsf, on Flickr

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

Had a snakebite a few weeks ago while out over Nidderdale, except when I went fix it, it was ‘some snakebites’. I eventually put 10 patches on the bloody tube.

Viewing 28 posts - 1 through 28 (of 28 total)

The topic ‘Puncture Competetition!’ is closed to new replies.