Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Pumps head to head – lezyne Vs mountain morph?
  • racing_ralph
    Free Member

Lezyne HV drive medium – Vs Topeak mountain morph (non turbo)

Which is best and why?

Stoner
    Free Member

I have a mountain morph and got delivered last week a Lezyne Alloy Drive.

The morph has been fantastic over the last 4 or 5 years. Never let me down, easy to use on the trail and fast to get my fat 29ers up. But its long. About 30cm so it has to go in a pack or on the frame. For local rides I like to go light so needed a pump that could go in my shorts butt pockets. I had a little On-one puffer thing which took about 250 pumps to get my tyres up, but it was only about 18cm long.

The Alloy is superbly built. Mrs S has a Lezyne road high pressure thingy which is also immaculately put together. The Alloy goes nicely in my pocket and has plenty of length and girth to get the air in. Sure it doesnt have the “mini track pump” styles, but for low stress rides its spot on.

Big days out Id still take the morph since Id be carrying a bag anyway.

mountaincarrot
    Free Member

My Morph was good while it lasted, but it packed up after about three years. Internal pump seals failed, then the non return valve failed. latter is in the base of the pump and fundamental to the design so not repairable.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    carlos
    Free Member

Can’t comment on the Lezyne but the Morph is always in my pack. Only used it a couple of times and with the little foot stand and flick out end bit on the handle, it was great to use something that didn’t take an absolute age to inflate a tyre or pinch your fingers because its only got a short stroke.

If it lasts 3yrs before I need a replacement then thats not bad for a 22 quid pump IMO

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Pumps head to head – lezyne Vs mountain morph?’ is closed to new replies.