Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Pumps…
  • Andy_Sweet
    Free Member

All my bikes have presta valves… In recent times I have been carrying a Lezyne pump whilst on rides. However, on a couple of occasions undoing the hose has cause the inner of the valve to come out, deflating the tyre, very irritating…

Is there an answer to this?

Or is a new push fit pump the answer? Any recommendations?

z1ppy

Get a MTN Morph, as you don’t have that issue and it’s an awesome pump.
    Failing that get a topeak or other brand ‘head’ and fit it to the Lezyne (mentioned on another thread)

crotchrocket
    Free Member

or stop using continental tubes?
    just use spesh tubes.

TurnerGuy
    Free Member

unscrew the pump from the hose first, then unscrew the hose – as the hose will be straighter.

Worked for me the other week – luckily I had discovered this a bit earlier and packed a core remover in the saddle bag just in case.

Andy_Sweet
    Free Member

TurnerGuy, tried that still deflated the bloomin thing….

Crotchrocket, spes tubes have one piece valves do they?

uwe-r
    Free Member

Schrader tubes? Zero fuss.

TurnerGuy
    Free Member

threadlock the core in?

getonyourbike
    Free Member

Just really tighten the valve cores in tight with some pliers. You won’t have the problem again. That’s what I did, and I’m also using a Lezyne pump.

Pieface

Surely you may want to remove the valve core at some point (I can’t think what forexcept for when you’d have pliers to hand).

Push fit works well, I’m currently using a mid size Blackburn pump that is quite good.

HermanShake
    Free Member

I just got a Phaart Rumbler from On-One and it’s awesome!

On sale at £7.99 with a flick lock multi head on a flexible tube (I occasionally tear valves at the base from ‘normal’ pumps). No unscrewing woes.

The hose for the valve stashes inside the black tube in the photo and the handle clicks into a ‘T’ shape which is comfy to use. Same weight in the hand as the Blackburn Mammoth it’s replacing and the mini track pump feature is going to be very welcome next time my road bike flats.

Who Phaarted?

mtbmatt
    Free Member

You can get an adapter for the lezyne pump that turns it into the push fit.
    Best of both worlds, prefer to use the screw on whenever possible, especially with the bleed valve but the push on is handy.

Northwind

Lezyne’s screw-on adaptor is a pain in the bum. But don’t worry, they’ll sell you an adaptor, which only costs as much as another pump.

£12 for an M Part Evolution (or evolution plus if you want the highly inaccurate little gauge) It’s like a mountain morph without the foot falling off, or a Lezyne Micro Floor except half the price and much more effective.

Andy_Sweet
    Free Member

mtbmatt, is this the thing you mean? http://www.wiggle.co.uk/lezyne-slip-chuck-adapter/

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Pumps…’ is closed to new replies.