Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Pump tracks around west midlands
  • astura
    Free Member

Want to take my son to a pump track around the west mids I have been to a good one in craven arms but im looking for something more around stourbridge area. Any ideas?

Houns

Not a pump track as such but a small BMX track in Kiddy. Been a while since I’ve been past it so don’t know what state it’s in. Hang on I’ll get location…

barffy
    Free Member

There is one over Sandwell valley park and also one in Bradley near Bilston…

Houns

Just off Tennyson Way

Houns

Nice short ride from Stourbridge via Hagley/Blakedown

astura
    Free Member

Thanks for this

Houns

If you’re ever near Wellington near Telford, there’s one at Admaston

monkeychild
    Free Member

There’s a BMX track around Muxton/Donnington over Telford way too 🙂

Linky

z1ppy

Wolverhampton
    I used to drive past this on the way to work, no idea what the access is like, but thought it might be of interest
    (Not shown on google maps or street view)
    [video]http://vimeo.com/39593816[/video]

PS: There’s small BMX tracks in Kinver & Cookley, might be worth a look, no pump tracks though as far as I’m aware.

Houns

Where’s that one in Wolves?!

chris_jh

Don’t forget there is also one at the BMX track in Great Barr, and
    if you are a Birmingham council tax payer you get to use the BMX track and pump track for free at certain times.

monkeyp

There is one in the centre of Kidderminster, just off the ring road by the big playground and lido-type-thing.

Cookley bmx track is a bit rubbish, needs a lot of work doing to it, but could be OK for a play. We take the kids there a fair bit, but haven’t visited for a while

aracer
    Free Member

Thanks for that info, Houns – it’s a bit nearer than Hereford, which is where we’ve been before anyway. I don’t suppose anybody knows of anything any nearer to Malvern/Worcester?

aracer
    Free Member

double post – somebody please report?

Speshpaul

Thanks to Shropshire CC and a certain ex pro DHer we are blessed with them in shropshire.
    Add Pontesbury to the list, the added bonus is you are right at the foot of Eastridge as well, so after he has shown you up on the pump track he do the same around the red route 😀

z1ppy

Houns if you didn’t already followed the link it just past Tettenhall on the outskirts of Pendeford(?)… Aldersley High School, WV8 1RT Wolverhampton,

nwill1
    Free Member

I’d heard that the Aldersley track was closed!?

z1ppy

No idea, just used to notice it as I drove past.. would seem a shame if it is, looks a great setup.

astura
    Free Member

Did a few today 3 in total. My son is only 3, he really enjoyed it whizzing round on his balance bike whilst I was trying to air of everthing.

We did cookley, kinver and kidderminster.

I would say cookley was the best then followed by kidderminster, not too impressed with kinver (wasnt much for me to play on)

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘Pump tracks around west midlands’ is closed to new replies.