Viewing 7 posts - 41 through 47 (of 47 total)
  • Pulp fiction.
  • RamseyNeil
    Free Member

Best film ever . Brilliantly acted , great sound track , great story line . Also widely regarded as having revived the careers of Samuel L Jackson , John Travolta and Bruce Willis . But most importantly it was innovative and different to the dross that hollywood churns out on an annual basis .

mattyfez

Django is a return to form, there’s not many films that I keep on my hard drives, but they are mostly tarrtanino and that’s one of them.

technicallyinept
    Free Member

Brilliant film. Watched it at the Phoenix Picture House in Oxford. Time for a Pulp Fiction/Jackie Brown double bill re-watch I reckon.

jimjam
    Free Member

Drac – Moderator

Yes, if I recall correctly that trailer was a result of legal action threatened by either Tarantino or his then production partners because the marketing material had been so Tarantino heavy.

That’s the original trailer I’m not sure you’re recalling it correctly.

Anyway True Romance is a also a brilliant film. [/quote]

That’ll be a version of the original trailer included on the DVD and ripped/uploaded by a fan. Pre internet not everything got kept/uploaded. There was an original trailer for Gladiator which used Basil Poledouris’ Conan soundtrack which has disappeared from history.

Anyway, it was 23 odd years ago so my recollection is fuzzy, I’m sure there was something going on there.

YoKaiser
    Free Member

No mention of Kill Bill? Definitely up there with Pulp Fiction for me more so than RD or JB.

jimjam
    Free Member

yoKaiser – Member

No mention of Kill Bill? Definitely up there with Pulp Fiction for me more so than RD or JB.

Like every Tarantino film after Pulp Fiction it’s bloated and suffers from a severe lack of editing. I was really disappointed with it at the time as I felt it wasn’t up to the sum of its parts but it has grown on me over time.

ajantom

Brilliant film. Watched it at the Phoenix Picture House in Oxford. Time for a Pulp Fiction/Jackie Brown double bill re-watch I reckon.

That’s where I saw Reservoir Dogs the first time.

Viewing 7 posts - 41 through 47 (of 47 total)

The topic ‘Pulp fiction.’ is closed to new replies.