Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Pulled/strained/torn quadricep?
  • tails
    Free Member

About 4 weeks ago i pulled my thigh at the start of a footy game, this seemed to heal as I was back doing running. Then last night midway through another game of footy I pulled my right thigh again, I had stretched before the game and was midway through so I was defiantly warmed up.

Anything I can do to stop this? My googling comes up with cycling (as it’s a common sprinters injury) but I already do 14 miles a day so doubt I need to build more strength. Really frustrating as whilst I an still run with it, it does reduce my mobility and speed.

Would yoga help suppleness, though I don’t really fancy that 😕

Thanks for any help

xc-steve
    Free Member

I’m assuming your seat is the right hight and your pedals are correctly set up, and likewise you don’t push to hard a gear?

tails
    Free Member

I’m reasonably sure they are. I ride SS and don’t feel it is to hard.

SurroundedByZulus
    Free Member

Whereabouts in your thigh exactly and what movement makes it hurt?

My guess is that it aint quads.

tails
    Free Member

sorry for my slow reply. Right at the front of my my thigh to be more specific bottom 2/3rds of it. Quads is based upon a quick google.

SurroundedByZulus
    Free Member

What movements makes it feel worse or causes pain? Extending your knee or bringing your leg in as if side foot pass?

tails
    Free Member

Just running and side stepping. Although today it feels okay and I even did 5km on the treadmill, but that is twice it has happened, perhaps I need to stretch even more.

SurroundedByZulus
    Free Member

If side stepping is making it hurt then it is probably an adductor injury. That would make much more sense as: a) cyclists have weak adductors, and b) footballers get a lot of adductor injuries.

First thing you need to do is stretch them out. Second thing you need to do is strengthen them. Plenty of info available on how to do both. You will also want to do some exercises to help you know where your limbs are. I suggest standing on one foot on a cushion and getting someone to throw a ball at you or bouncing one off the wall and catching it.

tails
    Free Member

thanks poirot that is exactly what it is now I have googled it. Thanks for your time and advice, much appreciated! 😀

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Pulled/strained/torn quadricep?’ is closed to new replies.