Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 30 total)
  • Pulled pork….
  • wrightyson
    Free Member

It’s everywhere nowadays. Who do we blame, man v’s food.

scaredypants

cheap meat, shredded so you can’t see what cut/species it actually is

innit

cookeaa
    CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Scarily, I just put some pork shoulder in the bottom oven for dinner tomorrow night.

😳

seavers
    Free Member

We blame marketing departments.

johndoh
    Free Member

Species?

Well it’s pork so it’s pig. Get it in you and stop whining.

mtbfix

Cooked in cola ftw

grum
    Free Member

We’ve passed ‘peak pulled pork’ now surely. Obviously, I was into it before it was popular. 😉

Still like it now though – great in a burrito.

ohnohesback
    Free Member

Long Pork?

scaredypants

Get it in you and stop whining.

who’s whining ?

OK, me – I prefer my lips’n’arses packaged as sausages

cheekymonkey888
    Free Member

Get it in you and stop whining.
    who’s whining ?

We’ve done the horse thing already .. I think meat was tastier when they added horse.
    With sauce it could be any meat in pulled pork.

P-Jay
    Free Member

I’ve heard of “pushed pork” aka Spam and “pulled lamb” aka Donna kebab.

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

I’m not sure we need to apportion blame. It’s meat, that’s tasty. Stop whining.

ads678

They’ve even got pulled pork gyoza (dumplings) in Wagamama!! 😐

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

So when was ‘pulled pork’actually invented?
    Just that I’m 58 & have only heard of it in the last 3/5 years or so. Is it not just another name for ‘bits of pork’?

johndoh
    Free Member

I pulled my pork. Does that count?

onlysteel
    Free Member

That’s no way to talk about a woman.

MoreCashThanDash

Any ideas/tips? Just got a slow cooker and first couple of attempts were OK but could have done with some oomph

Stoatsbrother
    Free Member

First had it perhaps 15 years ago at Bubbas BBQ in Jackson Hole Wyoming. It’s not new. It’s just hipster trendy here at the moment.. Last year hamhock terrine with piccalilli. Next year who knows….

tomhoward

There’s a restaurant in Harrogate (the pit, if you are interested) that has an item on its menu it calls a ‘pulled pork lolly’

The is only one thing I can imagine calling a pulled pork lolly, and I’m not sure it’s something I want in my mouth.

maccruiskeen

I think they call that ‘nose to tail eating’ these days.

(although either sounds like the strap-line on a poster for the Human Caterpillar)

slowoldman

I thought we were into pulled chicken now. It’s just shredded with a fork isn’t it? Like Peking Duck. Nothing new under the Sun is there?

benji
    Free Member

uniformdating.com 😆

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Any ideas/tips? Just got a slow cooker and first couple of attempts were OK but could have done with some oomph

Slow cooker with a chopped onion, can of cheap sweet cider, chiopottle chillis, 2 big spoons of soft dark sugar, and more chillis to taste, ham stock cube. If in doubt more of everything, all the flavour is in the sauce so theres no such thing as overpowering.

Once the pork is done, take it out and decant the juice into a big pan and reduce untill its the consistency of ketchup.

Shred the pork and stir in the sauce.

Best bit is its great for freezing in small containers and cook in the microwave.

wrecker
    Free Member

Done it a few times in the smoker. It’s a crowd pleaser, but it’s not brilliant. I find it overly greasy and doesn’t have a huge amount of flavour unless it’s very heavily spiced.
    Pulled beef; now that is a different story altogether. Glorious stuff.

thegreatape
    Free Member

It’s a crowd pleaser

I thought that was a shit of such size and quality it merits getting your mates/kids/wife in for a look before you flush it away?

So do you mean it results in a crowd pleaser, because that would tally with my experience of eating lots of pork?

TheFlyingOx

Pulled Pork? Pffffttt. A feckless pretender to the throne, as any Sheffielder will tell you. The correct way to eat pork and bread is as follows: dip the bottom half of your breadcake in warm pork dripping, lay on a couple of slices of steaming hot roast pork, spoonful of stuffing, spoonful of apple sauce, a nice big slab of crackling on top, then “close” with the top half of your breadcake. If you’re getting it from Lily’s in Hillsborough, you may as well treat yourself to a bee-sting too.

toby1

^ clearly posted by a man who has never cooked a good pulled pork joint!

radtothepowerofsik
    Free Member

Damn you Ox! *salivates*

BillMC

Pulled pork and cottage pie.

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 30 total)

The topic ‘Pulled pork….’ is closed to new replies.