Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Pull up bars that don't need doorways?
  • thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Bought one of those ones that used a padded bar to push against the door frame and another to press against the wall above the door from the opposite side.

Unfortunately I then found that every internal door in my house is in a corner (so the bar doesn’t fit), the walls are just pasterboard, and the frames are all 5ft11 or therabouts so even with bent knees I can almost reach the lintle.

Before I buy up some scafold pole and learn to weld, anyone got any none doorway mounted pull-up bar ideas? I’ve got the garrage, but that’s flimsy to say the least being made form a mix of plywood and asbestos sheeting in a 3rd world slum style.

soobalias
    Free Member

go and use the monkey bars in the park?

martinhutch

I made a sturdy A-frame pretty cheap from wood off-cuts etc.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

go and use the monkey bars in the park?

Not a bad shout, but would prefer to keep my feeble attempts to lift my own bodyweight off the ground behind closed doors and outof range of the cider drinking teenagers.

Keva
    Free Member

I use the edge of the upstairs landing which I can reach up and grab from the stairs. The goal posts over the park work too, shinning up the post to reach the cross bar adds to the workout 😉

Kev

mav12
    Free Member

Loft hatch.
    Ladder against side of house

arcane
    Free Member

Did you honestly not realise the door frames were too short until you tried the bar?

My solution is to stop off at a suitable tree while riding.

skink2020

i use a couple of big juggy(fnaar fnaar) climbing holds.
    Shitty new build walls but as long as you find a stud bahind the plasterboard you’ll be fine.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Pull up bars that don't need doorways?’ is closed to new replies.

Members Notice New deal added to Members Discounts