Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • puffer conditions-road from Inverness to contin possible?
  • martinxyz
    Free Member

I dont know if its possible to drive up there today with the snow. does anyone know if its ok? or is it just moray firth radio saying that its closed etc to keep folk off the roads? the plan was to follow tracks to see if i could find my way around this years course but after last nights new snowfall its not going to help.

The sun is now out and snow is over 12 inches on the garden wall.

Swayndo
    Free Member

Martin … honestly I wouldn't bother. It was mostly unrideable yesterday and it'll be worse the day with the extra dump and start of a thaw. You'll be wading thro near to knee deep wet snow.

I'll maybe be goin out in Evanton Wood later if it starts to freeze again. More than likely I'll leave it till tomorrow tho.

epicyclo

Only about 1/8 of the track is rideable as of yesterday. Took me 4 hours, but you may be a faster bike walker 🙂 (or have gears)

I doubt that after today's drop, it will be any better – if anything it will be mushier.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    martinxyz
    Free Member

might go for a spin up to the loch. no,i might go for a hike up to the loch!

its something to do,i`m bored. the sun is shining and theres too much snow to be sitting around in the the house.

pics will follow..

cullen-bay
    Free Member

if the snow clears, and you want folks to show you around the track, e-mail me (e-mail in profile) if its a weekday or sunday we'll be able to come…

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘puffer conditions-road from Inverness to contin possible?’ is closed to new replies.