Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • puffer
  • cynic-al
    Free Member

My guess is suspension (front only) and gears are a must?

I have a geared rigid bike (drop bars) and a single speed HT, gears will be going on the latter if nec.

trail_rat
    Free Member

why ? jase won last year on Singlespeed/rigid

Ive ridden single speed in all but my first. and have been rigid forks on the last 3 – even with 1.35 ice spikes on.

unless your solo – in which case i suggest some front forks – but the course lends its self very well to singlespeeding – it was built by singlespeeders.

if weathers as it is right now – gears are suicidal.

We have poofed out(i was outvoted 6-1) and will be in the big liveryed up deeside motorhomes camper.

cynic-al
    Free Member

I’m just asking – I’m not super fit just now and ss may be too much of an ask. I m doing it in a pair though.

Good thought re mud.

banks
    Free Member

Really hoping for some colder weather please! Fwiw I’m doing it on transition covert :-/

trail_rat
    Free Member

pairs – ouch.

feel free to pop by for a coffee…..

no pressure BUT if Mrs T-R and her friend beat you in the pairs(deeside divas) – well……

swavis

I’ll be taking full sus with gears and HT which is 1×10. I might even squeeze the fat bike in, possibility of snow later next week, maybe…. 😉

rickmeister

I really feel for the camper van rental folk. Ours looked like a post apocolyptic curry afterparty by Sunday… …

trail_rat
    Free Member

ah you see – im off to screw fix to get a roll of heavy duty decorators film.

the big transit van will be designated dirty clothing area and a no shoes policy inside camper

if anyone is caught inside the van with anything dirty will be ejected on the end of my boot.

But your right – this is why i voted againsta camper.

wwaswas

“a no shoes policy inside…..will be ejected on the end of my boot sock”

ftfy

onehundredthidiot

Gears and front suspension, solo. Taking a 10l garden pump sprayer thing so I can spray off the grinding paste every lap.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘puffer’ is closed to new replies.