• This topic has 18 replies, 14 voices, and was last updated 8 years ago by fubar.
Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Puerto Pollenca eateries – what's good at the moment
  • geoffj

Heading there for a week soon 😀
    I’ve been several times, but things can swing from good to bad very quickly IME
    Anyone been recently with recommendations?
    Veggie & Fish heavy preferred, but all considered!

TIA

badnewz
    Free Member

Completely the opposite to what you asked for but for chicken go to the restaurant nearby to the Pollensa Park hotel.

Teifiterror
    Free Member

Bodega Ferra, been about 3 years since I was last in Mallorca but I still dream of the paella I had in this place, it was absolutely fantastic! If its anywhere near as good as last time then you will not be disappointed!

http://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/Restaurant_Review-g1028722-d1515216-Reviews-Bodega_Ferra-Port_de_Pollenca_Majorca_Balearic_Islands.html

Gary_M
    Free Member

Interested in this one as I’m off there next week.

Pieface

After many reccomendations and disappointments in trendier places we liked Trattoria de Razza

http://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/Restaurant_Review-g1028722-d3136772-Reviews-Trattoria_de_Razza-Port_de_Pollenca_Majorca_Balearic_Islands.html#REVIEWS

The food was good and good value with friendly staff. It may be a fairly ‘standard’ Italian but it suited us after a few disappointments.

Main thing we liked was that the children’s menu was simply smaller versions of the main menu, rather than the same garbage that everywhere else sells.

Found the set menu at Stay to be good value – the compliemntary wine may be a bit average but overall thought it was better value than a lot of other places.

Tolo’s seemed more about a place to be seen than a place to eat. If you go to Zarzales don’t sit in the courtyard, you may well get forgotten about.

fubar
    Free Member

We finished off our week with a trip to El Posito

which was good.

p.s. I didn’t rate Tolos at all, very shoddy service IMO.

drlex
    Free Member

If you go to Pollença, try Spira, south of the main square. Modern and v. tasty.
    Spira
    Carrer de Miquel Bota Totxo,

In Porto P, Tamarells is an ok bar on the souther end of the beach with wifi
    Tamarells
    Passiez Londres

And an excellent gelateri up by the harbour – forget what it’s called, but it’s along the Paseo Anglada Camarasa and not the one on the roundabout.

ji
    Free Member

Little Italy is good for Pizza -right on the seafront and massive pizzas

plop_pants
    Free Member

The food is good in Tolos, but it can get busy and watching the waiters pushed to their limits feels a bit awkward at times. The owner is pretty hyper which doesn’t help. Probably not so many cyclists this time of year so should be more relaxed. (Tolo himself rides a bike and daily rides start outside the restaurant)

Gary_M
    Free Member

I love tolos for a beer, and whilst the food is fine it’s a quick bite to eat rather than going out for a meal if you know what I mean.

tlr

Stay is nice, great position.

But Swing at the south end of town is fantastic. Great food, really good service. We ate there almost every night.

http://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/Restaurant_Review-g1028722-d1858886-Reviews-Swing_Restaurante-Port_de_Pollenca_Majorca_Balearic_Islands.html

mcmoonter
    Free Member

I remember visiting a tiny family run restaurant which was on the first floor of a building very close to the town square in Valldemossa. They only had a couple of dishes on the menu. Rustic and delicious. I’ve tried to find a link to it on trip advisor. But I can’t remember where exactly it was. Bit of a sketchy recommendation I’m afraid but well worth checking out.

geoffj

Thanks all – plenty to check out there.
    I’ll report back!

Gary_M
    Free Member

I was in tollos yesterday, stopped off for a beer and stayed for several. Service was good, we stayed for pizza which was very tasty. Lots of fat cyclists in drinking beer and talking about how good they are. Highly amusing. Only one sky jersey arrived in the few hours we were there

geoffj

Just to update this after our return home yesterday 🙁

A couple of places are worth a mention
    1. Take Eat Easy – low end italian veggie / vegan place is very good. If you can see past the plastic tables and the slightly chaotic feel.

2. sea.bar.is – cool bar on the front serving great cocktails and fresh seafood along with the usual burgers if that’s your thing.

All the rest of the places were pretty much as predicted, except the Marina Cafe, which is trying a bit too hard on the style over substance front IMHO.

Excellent service from the folk at 2gocycling and I even darkened the door of the Pro Cycle Hire – but only for a gawp and a coffee 😀

konagirl
    Free Member

In case it’s useful for people searching in the future, we were very impressed with Restaurant Siller (at the back of town in a residential bit) in December last year. Small family-owned but really good quality food and happy to provide me a veggie option.

doctorgnashoidz
    Free Member

Situated out of town in the residential bit on the main road west but it was very near our apartment which is why we went multiple times this summer but I thought it was very nice.

http://www.stefanos.es/

fubar
    Free Member

Excellent service from the folk at 2gocycling

These were the only place I noticed who were hiring disc braked equipped road bikes (Willier). I’d be tempted to try one of these after trying to descend Sa Calobra in the rain on rim brakes (I presume the pads were a hard compound as I had little stopping power)

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘Puerto Pollenca eateries – what's good at the moment’ is closed to new replies.