Viewing 10 posts - 81 through 90 (of 90 total)
  • PUBS!
  • snowslave

Can I vote for the Sportsman in Hayfield twice please? Just come back from a post ride pint there, and it must be said Thwaites’ Wainwright is the daddy of all beers

naokfreek
    Free Member

Last time I was in Finnegans wake it was FULL of underage kids drinking alchopops

yep, sounds about right to me, it was even worse when it was the Queen Victoria….well dodgy.

Spaceman
    Free Member

The Salmon in Gala and the Bridge Inn in Peebles are two good ones in the Borders, both good local pubs with good beer.

In Glasgow it has to be The Brazen Head or The Springfield Vaults.:-)

zokes
    Free Member

Geoffj – Aye, I grew up in Bolton, then moved to Bangor, and am still here. We were the only people in the Strawberry duck at xmas eve when we popped by for a pint! No sign of Cains mind either….

Also seconded the Prince of Wales in Foxfield and the Eagle and Child in Stavely. I just wish there was a decent one in Rachub, a little village above Bangor. The Royal Oak might as well not exist for all the use it is 🙁

NZCol

*sighs*
    One thing i miss about blighty is decent pubs – with character. NZ just doesn;t do it for me…

BoardinBob

In Glasgow it has to be The Brazen Head or The Springfield Vaults.:-)

Nah, it’s got to be The Louden Tavern 😉

twiglet_monster
    Free Member

The Surrey Oaks (aka “The Soaks”) in Parkgate near Charlwood (sort of gatwick way). Great beer, Boules outdoors, good landlord.

The Plough at Blackbrook (not far from Dorking). Serves Badger beer and great food. well worth stopping in if you’ve been to the Surrey Hills..

The George Inn, Robertsbridge (Just off the A21 just North of Hastings). Run by my sister so perhaps I’m a little biased (!) but she serves really top notch home cooked food. Quite a smart pub and not one for a big cheap fill-me-up-after-abike-ride food, more special occassions/posh sunday lunch.

Fat Cat, Kelham Island, Sheffield. Surprised noone has mentioned this little gem. Is it still going?

The Castle, Bodiam. Really huge sunday lunch, not far from the trails at bedgebury. Open all day too.

TM

kimbers

masons arms cartmere fell
    import widest rang of beer in country

salsbury arms on green lanes, manor house
    looks dodgy as hell but some great beer, claasic gin palace decor and ill never forget the night we stumbled across the OAP transvestite blues band rockin the back room, scary but awesome

grumm
    Free Member

Whereabouts is Cartmere Fell – that wouldn’t be the Mason’s Arms at Strawberry Bank (Cartmell Fell) would it? 😛

djglover
    Free Member

They have another pub near Elslack – Tempest Arms-on the Yorks Lancs norder that I visit now and again, pretty good food and good range of beer.

Viewing 10 posts - 81 through 90 (of 90 total)

The topic ‘PUBS!’ is closed to new replies.