Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 94 total)
  • Pubs, anyone still go to one to drink alcohol
  • binners

Blimey! You sound like a right laugh, some of you lot! Some right little rays of sunshine 😀

Isn’t it the law that all rides, particularly night rides, end at the pub for a couple of scoops? Especially this time of year while you warm up? It certainly is as far as we’re concerned. Thankfully

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

I am not interested to go to the PUB. I don’t like drinking.

Lies!

1) You can’t not like drinking, you need to drink water to live. and there must be somethign you like drinking, milk, orange juice, beer?
    2) If you dont like the taste of Beer, then you’re unlucky
    3) You meant ‘getting drunk’ not ‘drinking’

I like the taste of beer. Getting midly inebriated with on a sunny summer afternoon or a cold winter’s day infront of a fire after a ride is a plesent side effect.

ciderinsport
    Free Member

I go every Thursday mid ride.
    As a group we support pubs that are good for us.
    Last night we had two huge platters of sausage, chips and bread and butter.

We stayed 2 hours and spent £130 😳

Another pub we frequent gave us a loyalty card giving 10% back. This Christmas we will have £200 to spend! They also give us cheesy chips!

Its nice to be popular!

ChrisHeath

Just back from an award winning pub in Newcastle and it was packed.

Which one, out of interest?

spacemonkey

Not as much as in my 20s when I was part of the furniture five evenings M-F and then most of the weekend.

Only have the occasional social pint now but do go pretty often as a family thing. We have some nice country pubs down this way so good food and drink is often sought. Can just about put up with the price of a pint but the cost of wine pi55es me right off.

BigButSlimmerBloke
    Free Member

Isn’t it the law that all rides, particularly night rides, end at the pub for a couple of scoops? Especially this time of year while you warm up? It certainly is as far as we’re concerned. Thankfully

Only if you could teach that lewis hamilton a thing or two about driving, show that alex ferguson how to manage a football team and are a better rider than that lance armstrong and you don’t take drugs.
    Sitting in a pub not talking crap should illegal.
    And talking work punishable by death.

binners

Abso-bloody-lutely. And another bloody thing……. Don’t get me bloody started about…..

😉

BigButSlimmerBloke
    Free Member

And another bloody thing……. Don’t get me bloody started about…..

..this time of year, bloody office parties, one big night out a year and no idea how to behave in pubs

binners

Oh dear God, NO! Spare us from amateur Christmas drinkers. You can usually spot them, to avoid, by the dead giveaway sign – the bottle of Budweiser in hand 😉

derek_starship
    Free Member

I go to the pub after our weekly night ride. Which, this week, happens to be tonight. I have one pint and ride home. My mate does the same. We both have a pint of Peroni and the round costs £8.20. And this is in a non-glitzy, small town pub. I couldn’t afford to go to the pub for a proper piss up!

binners

I couldn’t afford to go to the pub for a proper piss up!

From observations of the boozers near work, it seems you have to be unemployed for that 😉

bikebouy
    Free Member

Work XMas Parties should be banyed. 😈

I’m happy that a resurgence of Micro Brewers has made it’s way back into the Eng-er-land’shires. About time that happened what with all that garbidge coming out of Burton – on – Trent..

Actively seek them out we do whether walking or riding.

Though have to say, in That London even though there are a few Micro’s we go to, in the main it’s the chain pubs that seem to be full.. Must be something to do with Genes you are born with.

CaptJon
    Free Member

ChrisHeath – Member
    Just back from an award winning pub in Newcastle and it was packed.

Which one, out of interest?

Bacchus

rogermoore

Bacchus

Been there! Ace beer, friendly staff and food was good too. Would recommend to anyone happening to be in Newcastle and thirsty.

I’m lucky to have 6 good real-ale type pubs within walking distance from home, so normally get out at least once a week. Added bonus at this time of year is that most of them have real fires!

RM.

theboatman
    Free Member

One of the few decent things about living in derby is that we are blessed with many local micro brewers knocking out great beer, and there are some good pubs to drink them at. I love a proper booze, decent beer and i love being ‘in beer’. I tend to get out for a decent session about once a fortnight, and usually once a month will pop to my mates in London where we will spend a day ambling around a fine selection of boozer.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Oh dear God, NO! Spare us from amateur Christmas drinkers. You can usually spot them, to avoid, by the dead giveaway sign – the bottle of Budweiser in hand

Avoid pubs that sell that pish. Simples! 🙂

Though have to say, in That London even though there are a few Micro’s we go to, in the main it’s the chain pubs that seem to be full.. Must be something to do with Genes you are born with. the part of town you’re in.

Both of my locals are nicely full and sell proper beer. Neither is a chain pub (Unless you count them owning two or three pubs each, all with the same ethos. Both pubs have expanded over the last couple of years, as a direct result of being GOOD pubs!)

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

Unless something intervenes, with my best friends every Friday between 7:30-10pm in The Hunter’s Lodge in Priddy, for a couple of pints of local beer or cider, a faggot or some chilli, to blow off steam, and to half-heartedly play a couple of board games. I hate missing it!

supersaiyan
    Free Member

My local was pretty full last night, only just managed to get a table. Good pubs don’t close down, if you build it they will come etc, and I can’t buy cask real ale in small enough quantities or drink it quickly enough to justify stocking it in my fridge!

camerone
    Free Member

I tend to go to my local constitutional club where there is a vast array of beers, and a pint of Pardoes Bumblehole will set me back £2.02.
    had six after a soaking wet morning ride a while back and fell down the stairs in the garden with my wife and kids looking bemused at the window…..

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

pint of Pardoes Bumblehole will set me back £2.02

That’s really good! I’m paying £3.20 for ale and £2.70 for cider, and I thought that was pretty inexpensive.

alex222
    Free Member

Pubs, anyone still go to one to drink alcohol

Yes

djglover
    Free Member

Yes

Local pubs cover all requirements and are frequented.

Sunday evening quiet drink alone reading, kids in bed, Mrs watching Downton Abbey.

Sunday afternoon meal with the family

Saturday night with mates

emsz
    Free Member

My local,at the end of the road, is a shit hole tbh, but I still go there most weekends, mostly because Keith ( owner ) let’s me run a tab LOL. Dread to think what I’ve spent in there, but it’s pretty much always a riot. Took the girl I’m seeing there the other night, you should have seen the look on her face!! Might have to find somewhere else to go. But I’d miss Evie the mad cat lady, Shaun the taxi cab driver who’s only got one eye, and mike who actually lives there as far as I can tell!!

jackthedog
    Free Member

Pubs, anyone still go to one to drink alcohol

Yes, often.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Emsz, is this your local?

😉

andyrm
    Free Member

My local is a gem of a place (The Star & Dove in Bristol, the owners have just taken a second place on too) – it’s about more than the drinking, it’s a social thing too. Seeing people, chatting to strangers, banter/abuse with the landlord, that whole interacting thing that seems to have been lost since the internet became such a big thing.

Back in the day when men were men, we’d go to the pub with our mates, bang the world to rights etc. Now it’s just attention seeking Vaguebooking instead with those terrible posts like “Don’t know why I bother”, blatantly posted in the hope of 600 replies like “oh no babes, hope you are ok” etc like some teenage girls.

A good pub is so much more than just a place to drink.

Nobby

Just got back from one 🙂

ChrisHeath

Bacchus

Ah, right. Great pub. :o)

binners

Emsz – is this your local…

😀

I’ve just had a nice long, pie and beer based lunch in the pub. Very nice it was too. Pubs are ace! 😀

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Binners, I thought about that, but then the image of Sheridan Smith crept in to my mind instead…!

😉

darrell
    Free Member

15 mile to the nearest pub from my house

🙁

i would love to have a nice little pub nearby and i would probably go once or twice a week

Dickyboy

Fri – 4 pints at an end of Summer beer festival in town
    Mon – 2 pints of Rebellion Smuggler with Mark Beaumont in my local 8)
    Tues – hashing night so 1 pint of John Smiths at some pub near Slough
    Thurs – 2 pints of Rebellion IPA at my mates local

Fairly average week apart from the company on Monday 🙂 mind you I did baulk at one round of two pints & two packets of crisps coming to £9 😯

crazant
    Free Member

Went to Coniston in the camper van a fortnight ago and went into town for a few…
    1st Pub:
    Pint of Lager and a 125ml glass of Rose…£7.05
    2nd round Same but 175ml Glass of Rose £8.05

2nd Pub:
    Pint of some German lager and a 175ml glass of Rose and a small pack of Kp Nuts ….£9.85 !!!!

So 25 quid for 3 drinks each…to much I say…..

Bottle of Rose and 3 bottles of Peroni from the Coop £11 quid…..should have stayed in…..

spawnofyorkshire

i was in my favourite pub the grove last night, today is not going very well as a consequence.

Asking Brian to recommend us good bottle conditioned beers was an awesome idea, but £10 for a 750ml bottle of Marble Earl Grey IPA nearly caused this tightfisted yorkshireman a heart attack

btw the beer was amazing and worth the tenner, i’d highly recommend it

johndoh
    Free Member

I go about once every couple of weeks. The decent pubs/bars in Harrogate are busy. The ones with 30 yr old furniture and look like sets from Last of the Summer Wine are deserted.

breatheeasy
    Free Member

Some company bought our local pub with plans to turn it into a residential home instead. There was outrage at how someone could do this.

Until somepone pointed out actually nobody bothered their fat lazy asses to walk the 20 feet to it and actually drink in it, so it was actually financially unviable.

So its now a residential home…

yunki
    Free Member

good god I loved my local pub with all of my heart.. It was the centre of my universe for many years before mrs yunki and the kids came along..

we’ve moved away now though, and the kids haven’t really given me ample opportunity to sample the village inn yet

The old local was thriving last time I visited

binners

breatheeasy – Will these be the very same people who loudly moan about Tesco’s destroying the local independent shops. But, when questioned, can’t remember ever having used any of the local independent shops, as they generally go to Tesco’s? 🙄

Daisy_Duke
    Free Member

My local is 3min walk and just too damn good. Makes it hard not to frequent on a daily basis, but I do my best 😆

emsz
    Free Member

Ha ha LOL

God it’s not that bad, it’s just a normal pub, but a bit run down really, you know, flowery carpets none of the chairs match, it’s just the decor is a bit tired, the locals are a bit “special” though 🙂

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 94 total)

The topic ‘Pubs, anyone still go to one to drink alcohol’ is closed to new replies.